Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

BARRY MAGUIRE

Barry Maguire is already closing in on 20 appearances for Kidderminster Harriers and has played close to 900 minutes of National League football in his time down south.

Despite currently sitting bottom of the National League standings, Maguire has been a regular feature for the Harriers.

They haven’t won in their last five matches.

Remember the outrage from some when we let him go? 

18 hours ago, crazylegsjoe_mfc said:

The full game is on YouTube if anyone is interested in reminding themselves.

I remember all the chat of us beating the holders being reminiscint of 1991 etc.

I was the mascot in the following round against Stirling Albion. My favourite player in the program was Spencer and the other lad's was Coyle. Spencer gave me £5 as a result, which I was buzzing about. My appreciation of his generosity heightened by the fact I didn't understand he was on 10k a week plus a house and car when I was 8.

That game now would have had about 4 sent off. VAR would also have killed it.

20 hours ago, crazylegsjoe_mfc said:

The full game is on YouTube if anyone is interested in reminding themselves.

I remember all the chat of us beating the holders being reminiscint of 1991 etc.

I was the mascot in the following round against Stirling Albion. My favourite player in the program was Spencer and the other lad's was Coyle. Spencer gave me £5 as a result, which I was buzzing about. My appreciation of his generosity heightened by the fact I didn't understand he was on 10k a week plus a house and car when I was 8.

Some great memories, I think this was Gorams debut, he was on like 8k as well. Tony Thomas cost us £150,000 and played around 20 games before retiring from injury. In that time period we signed the likes of Stevie Nicholas, Derek Adams and John Spencer as well so thats around a million in transfer fees.

On 19/11/2023 at 14:52, Alanos said:

Couple of photies from Hall of Fame night.

057C1ADA-3473-4754-BFA2-65FEF9CB336E.jpeg

99F3CDAD-8E7F-457F-8D27-89C733F5A3BB.jpeg

I haven't been paying attention so missed that announcement but I'm pathetically happy to see Softy in there, even if I wouldn't have thought to pick him TBH. With 2 subs at the point, he didn't get stripped in the cup final after being brilliant in the semi and I always felt sorry for him missing out for O'Neill who could hardly walk. He scored a classic last minute equaliser in the cup at Tannadice after Utd had played us off the park which was one of the great jumps (I was in that wee shitey fair play terracing for it). Also responsible for my 2nd favourite elbowing ever, giving Mixu a sair jaw for no apparent reason in a classic Motherwell-Utd game at Fir Park. Weirdly good in the Tennants sixes too and responsible for about 80% of the balls still living on the main stand roof.

45 minutes ago, Swello said:

I haven't been paying attention so missed that announcement but I'm pathetically happy to see Softy in there, even if I wouldn't have thought to pick him TBH. With 2 subs at the point, he didn't get stripped in the cup final after being brilliant in the semi and I always felt sorry for him missing out for O'Neill who could hardly walk. He scored a classic last minute equaliser in the cup at Tannadice after Utd had played us off the park which was one of the great jumps (I was in that wee shitey fair play terracing for it). Also responsible for my 2nd favourite elbowing ever, giving Mixu a sair jaw for no apparent reason in a classic Motherwell-Utd game at Fir Park. Weirdly good in the Tennants sixes too and responsible for about 80% of the balls still living on the main stand roof.

Two of games I'll always remember there, great stuff. Cooper around this time was ridiculously good.

Someone mentioned thinking we might win the cup 1999, well 1994 perhaps isn't up there with 2012 and 2014 (LC) losses to Aberdeen but jings that replay will haunt us for a while yet.

56 minutes ago, Swello said:

I'm sure that through time all members of the cup final squad bar one will be in the hall of fame .  Jim Mc innally and Darren Jackson have more chance than that p***k Boyd.

Would be an amazing bit of business if we managed to get KvV back, as unlikely as it may be. 

Suppose there are a number of factors, if it was a loan just to get him away from Groningen, with them paying the bulk of his wages, we've a chance. Or if he's getting his contract paid up by them he might not be looking for as big of a pay day. 

The big man clearly loved his time at Fir Park and, by the looks of it, is absolutely hating being at Groningen. If he wants to be back where he's loved, you just never know... 

Assuming his partner is from this neck of the woods as well, could help. Albeit, Edinburgh is only an hour away.

Anyway, KVV returning isn't the sort of will it won't it I want, be a real sour one seeing him rock up at someone else.

Him and Biereth up front could be absolute chaos for 6 months. Kettlewell should be going all out to give the fans what they want.

Edited by Neil86

No chance we could afford to get him back.  I'd imagine he'll likely end up at a relatively big club in the North of England where it's easier to commute up and down.  Either that or Hibs.

5 minutes ago, Desp said:

No chance we could afford to get him back.  I'd imagine he'll likely end up at a relatively big club in the North of England where it's easier to commute up and down.  Either that or Hibs.

Yeah, reckon you're right. Hearts maybe being another option if they cash-in on Shankland. 

Would imagine we'll be nowhere near having the funds for him, unless Groningen just continued to pay him, as part of a loan deal which is highly unlikely. Shame as it would be class to have him back.