Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Our February games at home vs Celtic has been moved to the Sunday for TV and Livi away has been moved to an 8pm kick off.

Must be our first game in a long time on sky that hasn’t involved either of the bigot brothers. 

E4488ADE-2C0C-49AC-8D89-68B3D70369BE.thumb.jpeg.0d248ffb949919c06c05f83d43c1754b.jpeg

Edited by Gianfranco

1 hour ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Danny Johnson?

1 hour ago, Gianfranco said:

Aye he’s more of a Danny Johnson. Just not a team player but will score goals. 

He's definitely Danny Johnson, IMO.

Goal-scoring record on paper for us pretty okay, would've had another assist against St. Johnstone if Shaw hadn't inexplicably checked back with his run, but contributed absolutely f**k all in terms of running, effort, or looking interested in being at Motherwell. Good finisher, though.

31 minutes ago, Phillips455 said:

Postponed game vs Aberdeen has been moved to Wednesday 14th February 2024.

Aberdeen-Fixture-change-16x9-1_790x500_acf_cropped.jpg.30d10e1d133d4d78a543ce522d23ad84.jpg

May I be the 1st to say I hope it is not a Valentine’s Day massacre - for Motherwell at least 🤦‍♂️.

Interesting and surprising that the Livi game has been chosen. Not least as we will be well clear by then 😎.

20 minutes ago, welldaft said:

May I be the 1st to say I hope it is not a Valentine’s Day massacre - for Motherwell at least 🤦‍♂️.

Interesting and surprising that the Livi game has been chosen. Not least as we will be well clear by then 😎.

They are probably expecting a "Relegation Battle" type Match. And it might well be depending on what results we can scrape in the next few games leading up to it.

2 hours ago, Phillips455 said:

Postponed game vs Aberdeen has been moved to Wednesday 14th February 2024.

Aberdeen-Fixture-change-16x9-1_790x500_acf_cropped.jpg.30d10e1d133d4d78a543ce522d23ad84.jpg

Didn’t attempt to go to the original match and will be on holiday for this one.  Just worked out that if we progress in the cup I will miss 4 matches during my break, particularly bad planning, bloody mid week matches.

Shaw can only play for us or Barnsley for the rest of the season and I can't see them clamouring to recall him. Obika is a year older and has shown no signs of being over his chronic hamstring issues. Wilkinson has stayed fit for the most part and contributed some vital goals. We had too many strikers, he was shiftable whilst Obika and Shaw weren't, those are the primary reasons he's off for me.

Danny Johnson would have been a brilliant player in a Scottish league context if his attitude wasn't stinking. Had a decent scoring record for us and threw a complete strop because he wasn't ahead of Kane Hemmings for us.

28 minutes ago, crazylegsjoe_mfc said:

Shaw can only play for us or Barnsley for the rest of the season and I can't see them clamouring to recall him. Obika is a year older and has shown no signs of being over his chronic hamstring issues. Wilkinson has stayed fit for the most part and contributed some vital goals. We had too many strikers, he was shiftable whilst Obika and Shaw weren't, those are the primary reasons he's off for me.

Aye, 100%, and while probably most of us would have kept him over Obika and Shaw goals/technique wise, there wasn't a huge amount in it really.

Add in that he can't really run fast (Shaw) or hold the ball up well (Obika kind of) and it's a sensible move in the round.

Glad Kettlewell acted quickly and moved him on and this freed up some money.

49 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

Now I need to persuade my wife that a trip to Fir Park is a romantic night out 🤔.

Only joking tbh. Gave up on any pretence of romance years ago.

May I suggest a closer look at the fixture before making arrangements 

29 minutes ago, eliphas said:

Aye, 100%, and while probably most of us would have kept him over Obika and Shaw goals/technique wise, there wasn't a huge amount in it really.

Add in that he can't really run fast (Shaw) or hold the ball up well (Obika kind of) and it's a sensible move in the round.

Glad Kettlewell acted quickly and moved him on and this freed up some money.

Exactly, there has to be demand to get rid of players and it's rare that top of your list to get rid of would be easy to shift.

Wilkinson was also guilty of two of my pet hates (wearing shirt number 99 and taking corners despite being 6ft+) so for those reasons I'm glad he's gone 😅

27 minutes ago, Swami said:

I think Wilkinson is pish and no amount of the rational, well-reasoned discussion to the contrary here will ever convince me otherwise. 

🤣

Maybe just less pish than the other two pish strikers still cutting about is the best way of describing him. Or equally as pish but sellable.