Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Just now, welldaft said:

We have 4.5 months left of the season.  Say £6k per week x 18 = £108,000

I doubt even if St Mirren have offered that amount. 

We are still very much in a relegation battle last I checked. 

Is it worth spending an extra £30-40k to ensure top 6 v avoiding relegation.  That is the question.  Even if we finish 1 more place up the league that is an extra £65k.  

I hope the clun know what they are doing.  I guess it all depends what other striker we have lined up if as it seems KVV is not happening.

I would love to seen KVV here - but I was only pointing out that offering a certain amount doesn't necessarily mean it's within budget or affordable.

We've probably spunked way more money than we're talking about on paying off Graham Alexander, Hammell and 2 busloads of supermarket sweep signings in the past 2 years. The fact that Fir Park in Burrows' latter days was the house of bad decisions is probably the root cause of the fact that we are now restricted in what we can do.

Apparently we are signing a striker called Kevin Van Veen guys, according to his Wikipedia he played for you last season. Any good?

We can debate it all day long.

The facts are (apparently) we have bid an amount to bring back KVV and it is not as much as our rivals. That may well be the prudent and/or correct thing to do. I guess it all depends on how he performs and the impact he has. He may well flop or not be as good as last season and many will say we dodged a bullet. 

What it does not stop or interfere with is the immediate annoyance and deflation if he goes to a rival. That is where I am currently at. 

1 minute ago, Ceiling Granny said:

Saving my rage for when St Mirren bring out a claret & amber third kit next year. Most plausible step imo. 

The joke is on them when they start signing the shite we signed this season.

4 minutes ago, rowsdower said:

Theo Bair standing there with his second consecutive player of the month bottle of champagne and a couple of glasses, and we're just staring at our phones slavering over our ex.

I'm actually pathetically pleased for him - even getting a wee POTM award for a relegation haunted team must be some buzz after where he was at St Johnstone.

1 hour ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

There's maybe a chance we're all reading a bit too much into KVV's psyche and assuming he'd prefer a hero's return to Fir Park rather than fighting for Europe with Killie or St Mirren. But... it seems absolutely fucking mental if we aren't even matching their offers. 

I know the club have tried to downplay the poverty angle but if Killie can afford to run with Vassell, Stewart and KVV up top while we've got Bair on buttons, a guy on loan from Blackburn + Obika then we must actually be fucked.

Quoting myself is a bit wanky but aye,if they're both offering double then I assume that's about £4-5k p/w rather than the £2-2.5k we'd be offering. In the cold light of day he's probably not worth it to us in a situation where there's 3 teams beneath us.

Give Ozbolt a bell

6 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

St Mirren are 8 points ahead of us and we've been fucking brutal. Talk of Europe etc for them is very premature. 

With agent VV in their midst we'll be closing that gap in no time.  

8 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

St Mirren are 8 points ahead of us and we've been fucking brutal. Talk of Europe etc for them is very premature. 

They're literally in what is 99% a Euro spot now. They may or may not make it but they're absolutely in contention and if we were in their position we'd absolutely fancy it from there.