Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

14 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

This is mildly interesting from a rules POV given he's already played for us and Stirling Albion this season.

Is that maybe just a rule for "league" clubs? I'm not sure but that's my guess. 

Just now, MurrayWell said:

Is that maybe just a rule for "league" clubs? I'm not sure but that's my guess. 

Yeah, I think it's a FIFA rule or something like that.

As I say it's mildly interesting that there's a level it doesn't apply.

34 minutes ago, Gianfranco said:

It’s quite disappointing him and Ferrie couldn’t get much game time in their loan spells.

I thought he looked pretty decent albeit against Elgin City. But west of Scotland league is quite a drop, especially for someone at 19.

Might just be me, and it is actually a good move, time will tell

1 hour ago, Gianfranco said:

It’s quite disappointing him and Ferrie couldn’t get much game time in their loan spells.

I saw him play for Stirling Albion, he got player of the match and it was well deserved.

2 hours ago, capt_oats said:

Here's the league table up to (and including) the County game vs the results since:

Our only league defeats since County have been from Rangers (h), Hearts (a) and Celtic (h):

If you look at the first table and performance since, Hibs seem to be carbon copying our 2021/22 season.

Hoping they don't play Livi GW33 with a big 50p foreheaded talisman.

1 hour ago, Handsome_Devil said:

It was mentioned in the paper we're playing Ayr in a friendly today - presumably just a closed doors kick about?

Possibly. We don't have another game for over a week whilst Aberdeen will have 2 within that time span. Guess they have some closed door friendlies in place to keep the players fit as well as possibly giving the new signing some minutes to judge where they are right now.

How many 4 week-plus injuries do we think we'll announce after this Ayr kickabout? I'm going with a conservative one.

Mine was this monstrosity (maybe the worst ever), bought from a wee sliding window inside the main stand where I (as a nervous young boy) had to disturb a grumpy secretary from her typing. She fished it out an unmarked cardboard box.

Motherwell 1988-89 Home Kit

This was my first, just after we changed from Ian Skelly to Motorola but kept the same top.

Screenshot_20240307_105219_Chrome.thumb.jpg.f53f36d8b203d782d562bbb19e202a26.jpg

Edited by Al B

2 minutes ago, superwell87 said:
image.jpeg.ad6f7288a0b0f848f682a4bccde847e6.jpeg

This bad boy was my first top, and to this day remains one of, if not my favourite top.

Certainly one of the best ever - the away top was also a classic and the team that went in it was my favourite of all time.