Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

2 minutes ago, Swello said:

With Bair, I'm getting a feeling that it might not be our problem next season. Surely he's getting to the point that an English team with more money will take a punt on him.

He's clearly an improving player and could well get a lot better than he is now - and with his physique I think he'll get interest....

You can argue - not that I necessarily would mind - that if he doesn't agree a contract extension thus summer we should be looking to sell him after he bodies Messi in the Copa America.

5 minutes ago, Swello said:

With Bair, I'm getting a feeling that it might not be our problem next season. Surely he's getting to the point that an English team with more money will take a punt on him.

He's clearly an improving player and could well get a lot better than he is now - and with his physique I think he'll get interest....

It's a real stick or twist from all involved. If we can get another year on his deal; absolutely stick. If he (justifiably!) sees his future elsewhere, then fine. 

I love him man. He comes across a fucking great guy, clearly a big part of the "group" and keeps bodying defenders up and down the country. 

Just like Spittal, getting someone with the "numbers" that Bair has to sign a contract extension is nigh on impossible. If we do manage to get a six figure fee for him in the summer, then that represents a great example of recruiting to sell and of course, would address part of the £750k gap talked about. Equally, if he wants to chance his arm at having another good season with us to get a decent bosman and a good signing on fee, then you'd definitely say the move has been mutually beneficial. Either way, I've learned my lesson in listening to St. Johnstone fans' assessment of strikers, given that strikers don't generally score much for them anyway.

Don’t want to cause a ruckus but I watched the Sportscene highlights. When we went 2-2 look I looked at the responses of the players behind the goal.

Totally unemotional. I may be doing him a disservice but it looks like Sam Nicholson could not even be bothered to have any positive emotion. I am sorry but that is fuckin weird. Your teammates have come from 2-0 to 2–2 and you stand there like you are waiting for a DPD delivery. 

Not for me. F off…l

2 minutes ago, welldaft said:

Don’t want to cause a ruckus but I watched the Sportscene highlights. When we went 2-2 look I looked at the responses of the players behind the goal.

Totally unemotional. I may be doing him a disservice but it looks like Sam Nicholson could not even be bothered to have any positive emotion. I am sorry but that is fuckin weird. Your teammates have come from 2-0 to 2–2 and you stand there like you are waiting for a DPD delivery. 

Not for me. F off…l

I think Oli Shaw clapped.

ive seen that before as the players warm up in front of me in the Davie Cooper stand, little emotion whether we score or concede.

Edited by ropy

2 minutes ago, crazylegsjoe_mfc said:

Just like Spittal, getting someone with the "numbers" that Bair has to sign a contract extension is nigh on impossible. If we do manage to get a six figure fee for him in the summer, then that represents a great example of recruiting to sell and of course, would address part of the £750k gap talked about. Equally, if he wants to chance his arm at having another good season with us to get a decent bosman and a good signing on fee, then you'd definitely say the move has been mutually beneficial. Either way, I've learned my lesson in listening to St. Johnstone fans' assessment of strikers, given that strikers don't generally score much for them anyway.

Normally you'd say definitely but he's 24 (ish?), is basically having his first decent season and is on - hinted kettlewell - peanuts as St Johnstone are effectively still paying him.

He could sign for real wages and an extra year or two in case Eric is right (which let's be honest, is 50-50) - then he's effectively insured against a return to the norm but he obviously knows we won't stand in his way if he continues to progress because of the model.

12 minutes ago, crazylegsjoe_mfc said:

I've learned my lesson in listening to St. Johnstone fans' assessment of strikers, given that strikers don't generally score much for them anyway.

Tbf Clark, Kimpioka, and now Sidibeh, are all relatively prolific this season in terms of goals per minute.

Casey---- what a guy!!!

Was everywhere on the pitch today including up front.

His  run covering the whole pitch which was completed by an inch perfect tackle to stop a threatening Dundee move will last with me forever.

He is also an utter bampot which just adds to his lovlieness.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Tbf Clark, Kimpioka, and now Sidibeh, are all relatively prolific this season in terms of goals per minute.

I'm sure you gauged my tongue being in my cheek, but rightly or wrongly I associate St. Johnstone with having strikers like Chris Kane, Michael O'Halloran and Stevie May (the second time) not scoring very often.

8 hours ago, crazylegsjoe_mfc said:

I'm sure you gauged my tongue being in my cheek, but rightly or wrongly I associate St. Johnstone with having strikers like Chris Kane, Michael O'Halloran and Stevie May (the second time) not scoring very often.

Stevie May wasn't actually that bad until this season.

Screenshot_20240407_064115_Chrome.thumb.jpg.c6377a0221bfc25a323a341b3b2a50df.jpg

Not that it's a particularly relevant timeframe for you, buts the league since we sacked MacLean is an interesting table to see.

15 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

There is a lot of apologist stuff goin on for him cos we've managed to scrape a lot of draws. In reality we're baws. Terrible to watch. He sticks with his weird 5-2-3 formation regardless of who's in the team or what changes he makes. The defence has been stinking all season and there's been zero attempt to rectify that. (I mean the centre, not the 18 WBs we signed). We go behind a lot, often against teams we could have beaten. 

I could not agree more re the lack of rectifying the centre of Defence. I thought that should have been priority number one in January, Regardless of how many centre backs we had signed.

I do disagree with us being terrible to watch though. Don't get me wrong I wouldn't say we are good to watch, cause that implies consistently good, and whilst we have been a very tough watch at times, I think middle to front we can be very easy on the eye. I think the goal of the season reel in may will be a corker.

Anyway, my piece on Kettlewell, Job seems done this season. If he can sort out the defence, which I probably trust him with on the basis he has made more good signings than bad (I think) then excellent. We as a club need the stability given everyone over his head doesn't have a clue what's going on right now.

The Bair, Moses Davor trio is something I've bought into for next season.