Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

We have Alex Rodriguez on trial in our pre season training camp in Poland. What was he like for you lads?

I actually loved Gorrin with us when he eventually came into the side. Ball playing destructor. Was integral to our side when we had Turnbull and Hastie on fire. 

Was well thought if at Oxford to begin with aswell but fell off the cliff a bit after injury. 

As previously mentioned he loves a card. 

43 minutes ago, eliphas said:

Read like another vote on the 'negotiated' terms as they put it. 

So 6-3 original terms, then a 6-1 negotiated terms.

All in favour AYYYEEEE.

32 minutes ago, Swello said:

So - Tom Feeley sticking to his guns. Good to know.

All opposed: 

image.jpeg.2f5cdceb71c67e77f1138e333930082c.jpeg

Absolutely loved Gorrin, a right tidy player who seemed to take 6 months to get up to speed, got booked in every other game when he did play and then got a decent move down South after that. Very decent in this league if he is over his injuries and a  player I'd have loved to have back were he available but I think we're pretty much set in CM now.

I've noticed that many people are saying that if Barmack wins the vote, they will cancel their contributions to the Society. They feel that their funds would essentially be used to finance the day-to-day running of the club under the control of a millionaire American chairman. I understand their perspective and will likely do the same.

However, I'm not sure that would disappoint Erik too much, despite what he says.

There's the £1.35 million commitment from the Society built into his plan for a reason. I personally believe that much of it is based on him guessing the Society won't be able to meet those numbers, which would effectively cause some sort of forfeit accompanied by penalties.

I've asked numerous times what those penalties will be, but have received no concrete answers.

I also find his desire to remove the loan that is, I believe, secured against the stadium very interesting. Would I be surprised if the money to cover any shortfall in Society contributions over the six years is claimed via the loan being waived? I would not.

37 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

We have Alex Rodriguez on trial in our pre season training camp in Poland. What was he like for you lads?

Ahh...that's annoying. The big doubt over him would be the fact he did his ACL at Oxford and I'm not sure he was ever really the same. He was out for ages.

He was smashing for us though once Robinson committed to his 433.

We signed him on a 1 yr +1 option but he never really got much of a look in for the first half of the season.

Once Robinson gambled and went to the 433 we got a pretty much perfectly balanced midfield of Ally Gorrin, Turnbull and Campbell with Gboly on one wing and Hastie on the other. For 6 months is was massively fun to watch.

Anyway, those 6 months of him being really good were enough for him to appear on the radar of clubs down South and assuming the option was on his side...that was that.

Edited by capt_oats

2 hours ago, capt_oats said:

I've just worked out who he is as well.

I mean, I guess he has an axe to grind.

1 hour ago, camer0n_mcd said:

In my view, McMahon, Feely and Dickie's position are now untenable.

After avoiding Motherwell-related social media completely for several years I was tempted against my better judgement to look into this, and now my faith in humankind as the peak of evolution has been rudely shattered. (On a semi-related note, and based on a fairly limited statistical sample I’ll admit, it seems to me that anyone called Colin should be subjected to a mandatory hard drive review.)

Anyway, since my brain has been irrevocably sullied now, I might as well share this alternative hot take from the main man in question on the noble motives of the Barmack Three:

image.png.2c9ccd88ac1a62eb74f4793c66a207e4.png

13 minutes ago, David1979 said:

I've noticed that many people are saying that if Barmack wins the vote, they will cancel their contributions to the Society. They feel that their funds would essentially be used to finance the day-to-day running of the club under the control of a millionaire American chairman. I understand their perspective and will likely do the same.

However, I'm not sure that would disappoint Erik too much, despite what he says.

There's the £1.35 million commitment from the Society built into his plan for a reason. I personally believe that much of it is based on him guessing the Society won't be able to meet those numbers, which would effectively cause some sort of forfeit accompanied by penalties.

I've asked numerous times what those penalties will be, but have received no concrete answers.

I also find his desire to remove the loan that is, I believe, secured against the stadium very interesting. Would I be surprised if the money to cover any shortfall in Society contributions over the six years is claimed via the loan being waived? I would not.

I'm sure it wouldn't disappoint him because it's almost certainly part of his plan, concluding as you say in the last graf.

But I don't really see what the alternative is. The Society will definitely lose the current six board members - they're not going to stay on against the will of the majority and give up their time to essentially fight a guerilla battle without a mandate.

You win it, you run it...the majority would have to find folk to fill the board positions and - presumably - either fundraise to meet the subscription targets or use reserves/convert the remaining loan to equity with the consequences that would have.

Should the majority decide to chuck fan ownership, I'll be disappointed but there's nothing to do in the short-term but wish them luck. They'll be going forward without my direct debits as well mind, modest as they are, and I imagine plans will begin for a fresh organisation ready to pick up the pieces when EB gets bored.

23 minutes ago, Handsome_Devil said:

I'm sure it wouldn't disappoint him because it's almost certainly part of his plan, concluding as you say in the last graf.

But I don't really see what the alternative is. The Society will definitely lose the current six board members - they're not going to stay on against the will of the majority and give up their time to essentially fight a guerilla battle without a mandate.

You win it, you run it...the majority would have to find folk to fill the board positions and - presumably - either fundraise to meet the subscription targets or use reserves/convert the remaining loan to equity with the consequences that would have.

Should the majority decide to chuck fan ownership, I'll be disappointed but there's nothing to do in the short-term but wish them luck. They'll be going forward without my direct debits as well mind, modest as they are, and I imagine plans will begin for a fresh organisation ready to pick up the pieces when EB gets bored.

If the vote doesn’t go the way of the current board then it will need some steely reserve from somewhere because there is still the buyback option 2 years down the road.

9 minutes ago, Vietnam91 said:

If the vote doesn’t go the way of the current board then it will need some steely reserve from somewhere because there is still the buyback option 2 years down the road.

The current board would need to resign and stand again, with others hopefully, with the stated intention of doing that.

What would be the point of staying in post without doing that when the majority have just instructed them otherwise? It's totally contradictory to the concept of the fans organisation they believe in.

And even if they then won reelection on that mandate, Barmack will say this is hardly entering the new era in good faith and at that point why would anyone who voted for him initially remain in the Society?

If you think it's a shitshow now (and it clearly is), a narrow-ish win for Barmack will make it 1,000 times worse.

Again it comes back to the massive WHAT THE f**k of the executive board excluding the Society from negotiations and then recommending a deal they knew it would reject.

Edit to add: the whole theory of this also ignores the Society board are real people, normal fans who like watching the game but have jobs, families, other commitments etc. The scale of what they'd be taking on here is gigantic.

Edited by Handsome_Devil

17 minutes ago, Neil86 said:

Someone poster a photo of van veen on twitter with like a clock/hour glass type caption, and Van Veen is about to board a flight.

Am I looking to much into it? I mean I'm not even convinced it would be worth it, unless the wages are right obv

If Bair is definitely away and if the wages are right then I’m 100% onboard his return train.

11 minutes ago, Gianfranco said:

If Bair is definitely away and if the wages are right then I’m 100% onboard his return train.

What price family and happiness...I can see Groningen being willing to suck up a fair loss as literally anything they can retrieve limits the good money they'd throw after bad. Would he think likewise? You can assume he'll have 'earned' a wage rise for promotion so will have soared through 10k a week...even if we're left with 25% of that, it's an amount you'd question for a 33-year-old who basically took last season off.

Thanks for the feedback on Rodriguez. 

He's just after chipping Banik Ostrava's keeper from outside the box with the keeper pretty much on his line. Unfortunately it clipped the underside of the bar and bounced back out but we scored on the rebound.

I'd now sign him on the spot tbh.

ETA:

He almost caused a rammy by trying to headbutt a Banik Ostrava player as well.

Sign. Him. Now.

Edited by Ludo*1

28 minutes ago, Vietnam91 said:

KVV returning reeks of Faddy and Pearson getting one extra gig than they should have.

Lets just look back fondly on that run from when Ketts took over till season end and our *500k or whatever in the bank.

And then the further money we didn't spend this season to bring him back.

Coincidentally, one of the things that folk seemed to lose their mind and place as a failing of fan ownership.