Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

6 minutes ago, Wellwatcher said:

As a WS member and shareholder I got 2 postal votes on Saturday. I've now got a single email to vote and don't know if its from the WS or the club. Do I have 3 votes now?

The Club voting for shareholders is a paper slip you fill out and do one of the following: scan/return to the shares email address, send it by post, or by handing it in to the Chapman Building.

Email - IN

Barmack Proposal - OUT

Two weeks 'til this is done then we can ask Div to nuke the last 100 pages of The Thread and pretend this whole fucking embarrassment never happened. 

Just now, 'WellDel said:

Email - IN

Barmack Proposal - OUT

Two weeks 'til this is done then we can ask Div to nuke the last 100 pages of The Thread and pretend this whole fucking embarrassment never happened. 

Same. Vote cast - No 

14 minutes ago, Wellwatcher said:

As a WS member and shareholder I got 2 postal votes on Saturday. I've now got a single email to vote and don't know if its from the WS or the club. Do I have 3 votes now?

The vote you are asked to make via the post pertains to your membership of the 28.3% of shareholders.

The email you are asked to vote on is to determine the direction of the 71.7% of shares the WS holds.

Were both postal notes in your name? Have you acquired shares at two different periods?

27 minutes ago, steelmen said:

is it really going to take 2 weeks for this? Only took about 20 seconds to reject it.

A lot of the private shareholders are older, so will no doubt be voting my post etc. I imagine there needs to be an allowance for international fans to get stuff back to the Club, too!

2 minutes ago, 'WellDel said:

Email - IN

Barmack Proposal - OUT

Actually I think when the result goes the right way the last 100 pages should be used as a case study of why fan ownership works.
Without the WS and the discourse (and subsequent raised awareness) on here we may already have been talking about how we protest the strips changing to rainbow stripes and the proposed ground share with Airdirie…

8 minutes ago, StAndrew7 said:

The Club voting for shareholders is a paper slip you fill out and do one of the following: scan/return to the shares email address, send it by post, or by handing it in to the Chapman Building.

I got 2 postal votes which are the same. My Motherwell share is a converted preference share. Looks like my name is on the Motherwell shareholders roll twice.

1 minute ago, Vietnam91 said:

The vote you are asked to make via the post pertains to your membership of the 28.3% of shareholders.

The email you are asked to vote on is to determine the direction of the 71.7% of shares the WS holds.

Were both postal notes in your name? Have you acquired shares at two different periods?

Just now, Wellwatcher said:

I got 2 postal votes which are the same. My Motherwell share is a converted preference share. Looks like my name is on the Motherwell shareholders roll twice.

Then vote no twice. 😂

A couple of thoughts now I've cast both my votes..

Regardless of the end result, I think the GOTV style comms over the past few days from the WS and friendlys in the media have been quite impressive - nothing equivalent has happened from the Exec Board/Wild Sheep side so far and the main narrative has been one way (and has appeared in places that will reach a wider age range of people).

Related and again regardless of what happens, I think the WS bringing their plan out and so forcing EB's hand to release something was an excellent move. By forcing the publication of more detail, risky or really crappy and ill considered parts of the deal that would never have come to light have been opened to scrutiny at precisely the right time.

Well played.

6 minutes ago, Wellwatcher said:

Douglas owns about 3.3% of the club if he inherited his father's holding which will pretty much equal or be in excess of the shares held by all the good guys in this but it's about the message.

11 minutes ago, WellHappy said:

Actually I think when the result goes the right way the last 100 pages should be used as a case study of why fan ownership works

A hundred times this - what we have seen is fan ownership doing what it needs to do (even if the vote goes the way most here don't want). In the more traditional club governance model, this would have been waved through in April or May and we'd all be looking forward to a really costly acoustic concert before the Edinburgh City game.

6 minutes ago, Swello said:

A couple of thoughts now I've cast both my votes..

Regardless of the end result, I think the GOTV style comms over the past few days from the WS and friendlys in the media have been quite impressive - nothing equivalent has happened from the Exec Board/Wild Sheep side so far and the main narrative has been one way (and has appeared in places that will reach a wider age range of people).

Related and again regardless of what happens, I think the WS bringing their plan out and so forcing EB's hand to release something was an excellent move. By forcing the publication of more detail, risky or really crappy and ill considered parts of the deal that would never have come to light have been opened to scrutiny at precisely the right time.

Well played.

The fact that only McMahon put their name behind this (if you discount Tom's attempts last Wednesday) and extolled what they felt were the benefits of accepting Wild Sheep. Keys as company secretary did and Wilson as a former director. The lack of "here is why I think this is a good idea ...." is astounding.

No public meetings, no chance to be question other than via email, Erik didn't even jump on a plane.

Haven't found a fan of any other club say go for it or member of the press. Only people to say accept are on two platforms (or here and SOL but are keeping very quiet) and no idea if they have voting rights to go with their pre-formed prejudice's of WS competence.