Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Hoping someone funnier than me manages to come with a witty banner for our trip to Hampden. Got to be something in the steelmen not being able to go to Ibrox due to lack of steel.

Reckon wee Al will still get a decent championship or league 1 gig. Wouldn't be surprised to see him at Aberdeen right enough as no doubt Burrows will be putting in a word

I love Wee Al, but part of me did always think he was a classic case of provincial club to city club, via a short spell in England. I was surprised to see him feature quite as scarcely as he did on loan at Millwall last season, that said.

47 minutes ago, crazylegsjoe_mfc said:

Speaking of Van Der Gaag, I've been in the market for an adult size of a 'Well top from my childhood, so I was absolutely buzzing when my mum found the top from my avatar in XL in a cupboard the other week. Fortunately my dad agreed to part company with it 😂

What I will say is that an Pony 1997 XL and a Macron 2024 XL are two very different sizes.

PXL_20240614_220339475.jpg

Aye, most of my mid90s Motherwell tops are XLs - I was not an XL child...the exact opposite in fact. However, 'Baggy' and 'Loose Fit' chic has a lot to answer for.

I still have them including the OG 94/95 Pony away and 96/98 Jester shirts. Even now they're fucking huge on me.

Edited by capt_oats

I’ve had multiple non connected currant buns (**** is censored it seems) come at me the day asking about Lennon Miller seeming to think that they’re in for him (presumably due to some twitter account reporting they had him watched). 

Apparently they reckon theres a release clause in his contract that they can trigger. 

I presume it to be utter nonsense given I think a release clause isn’t the kinda thing we’ve ever given out but not sure my answer to the enquiries of ‘what’s he like’ being ‘he’s too expensive for you’  has gone down particularly well. 

But overall, I wonder how much longer we realistically will have Miller for before he does move on. 

Edited by MP_MFC

11 minutes ago, MP_MFC said:

I’ve had multiple non connected currant buns (**** is censored it seems) come at me the day asking about Lennon Miller seeming to think that they’re in for him (presumably due to some twitter account reporting they had him watched). 

Apparently they reckon theres a release clause in his contract that they can trigger. 

I presume it to be utter nonsense given I think a release clause isn’t the kinda thing we’ve ever given out but not sure my answer to the enquiries of ‘what’s he like’ being ‘he’s too expensive for you’  has gone down particularly well. 

But overall, I wonder how much longer we realistically will have Miller for before he does move on. 

The main advantage with miller is that he doesn't have a family persuading him to either side of Glasgow. He will also no doubt still be in contact with Bailey Rice who is rotting in rangers reserves.

I could see him moving somewhere in Europe a la Ferguson or hickey

I was sort of assuming we'd be trying to punt Miller this summer. I mean km perfectly happy to watch him for another season but with contracts etc it seems this will be when his value is highest, unless he somehow scores 7 or 8 over the season. 

42 minutes ago, MP_MFC said:

Some mouthpieces for Rangers leaked the, frankly staggering and unguessable, news that theyd scouted Lennon Miller, to try and bury the news they've fucked their own stadium and are struggling to make signings due to how much that's costing them.

It's remarkable in a way that so many have taken that bait.

^^ Agree with that, after everything we've seen in the last few weeks and months I've got absolutely no trust in him. 

I've no real interest in whatever he has to offer anymore, in my eyes those bridges have been burnt. It's best for both parties that we move on and wash our hands of what has been an embarrassment of a period for the football club.

5 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

I hope he doesn't come back. The guy is not the right fit for us. 

I dunno if I'm quite as far as wouldn't even talk to him but I'm not far off. There's a tonne to do, he's low priority and selling any stake to him means less that can be sold elsewhere... there's a strong case for why bother.

Any folk ITK about when we might see our new away strip? Hoping to get to the League Cup game at the weekend and the wee fella will no doubt be trying to get a new strip out me.*

*which I’m delighted to buy for him in advance of the football camps starting next week.**

**might not get 14 Bair this time though 😢

I’ve maybe missed this in the last pages (which were being written faster than I can keep up) but which goalie are people thinking will be our number 1? 

Also, I’ve started following (is that the right word) a lot of news outlets etc on WhatsApp Channels. It’d be quite good if we had that, even if only for match day updates. I know it’s essentially just another social media but I find it much less faffy than Instagram/Twitter (maybe my age…). 

54 minutes ago, 18May1991 said:

*which I’m delighted to buy for him in advance of the football camps starting next week.**

Out of curiosity, at what age do they start being picky about getting 'this season's' kit? So far mine have been thrilled to get the half price offerings in April, dunno how long that'll last...