Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

9 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Even Stalin wouldn't have disappeared Danzaki and Shields that well

Jason Isaacs is absolutely outstanding in that movie.

Edited by StAndrew7

20 hours ago, eliphas said:

Ironically McMahon, Dickie, Feely and Barmack could be the best thing that has happened to the Well Society in years. 

It's been the plan all along like.

FAO anyone joining the society or bumping up their monthly contribution:- 

(I’ll be upping mine) 

1 minute ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

:lol: aye, Zhukov having a Yorkshire accent was an inspired touch 

The Coco Chanel line gets me every single time. 😂

Talk of the away kit being a similar one to the mid-90s Man Utd kit that nae c**t could see. 

That wee focus group who helped design this season's shirts need their season tickets revoked! 

11 minutes ago, joewarkfanclub said:

Been outwith bandwidth for a couple of days.

Has the deal been bumped yet?

Not publicly. In a prediction which may make me look rather foolish rather soon, I definitely don't think it will be this week either, if at all.

4 minutes ago, Handsome_Devil said:

Not publicly. In a prediction which may make me look rather foolish rather soon, I definitely don't think it will be this week either, if at all.

Friday evenings are the traditional dumping ground for weekend burial stories... Although doing it tonight on the eve of the first home game of the season would be madness.

16 minutes ago, StAndrew7 said:

Friday evenings are the traditional dumping ground for weekend burial stories... Although doing it tonight on the eve of the first home game of the season would be madness.

Aye, my potentially flawed logic is asking who would benefit of anything this week and I think the answer is nobody. 

Even a non-binding HoT is a legal document, you can't just change your mind and send a text...it'll go through lawyers on that side, our side, communication needs agreed...if there's a lawyer reading this, perhaps they could chip in as to whether EB would be liable for certain costs of the process if he changes his mind?

The Society meanwhile are enjoying their best spell in years... they've got tonnes of social media engagement and real media coverage which will end shortly after the vote, they can get press the flesh again tomorrow etc.

Rather than all the hassle, EB can just do what he seems to have done and disengage while the WS can bang the drum another week.

They also don't have to hit the ground running on the new era earlier than expected and can discuss certain orderly exits from the boardroom at Saturday's game.

Edited by Handsome_Devil

16 minutes ago, Handsome_Devil said:

Aye, my potentially flawed logic is asking who would benefit of anything this week and I think the answer is nobody. 

Even a non-binding HoT is a legal document, you can't just change your mind and send a text...it'll go through lawyers on that side, our side, communication needs agreed...if there's a lawyer reading this, perhaps they could chip in as to whether EB would be liable for certain costs of the process if he changes his mind?

The Society meanwhile are enjoying their best spell in years... they've got tonnes of social media engagement and real media coverage which will end shortly after the vote, they can get press the flesh again tomorrow etc.

Rather than all the hassle, EB can just do what he seems to have done and disengage while the WS can bang the drum another week.

They also don't have to hit the ground running on the new era earlier than expected and can discuss certain orderly exits from the boardroom at Saturday's game.

I mean, I'm just naturally wary since much like @thisGRAEME on the Patreon the other day I haven't had much by way of luck when it has come to binary votes and referenda in recent times.

So unless someone who's ITK wants to slide into my DMs telling me otherwise I'm assuming it hasn't been pulled and even if it has I'm not convinced that McMahon wouldn't be desperately trying to salvage it.

That said, you're right. If it was the case then it'd have to be legalled and if you were actually going to do a decent comms job on this it would make sense to have both parties aligned in terms of next steps and what's happening with the Quislings.

Having a press release/statement that's comprehensive detailing clear next steps would be entirely preferable than Chairman Jim being let loose on the website.

4 hours ago, witchfindergeneral said:

Any idea when we'll see our away kit?

I don't know if it was on here or SOL but someone had mentioned a grey and tartan number was expected for our away kit. Then a day or so later Dumbarton released a white top with a band across the middle with tartan created by Macron. 

22 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Still...Matty Connelly has signed an extension (I was sure this happened ages ago?)

He was listed as being in discussions, but hadn't signed yet.