Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

1 hour ago, kendog said:

I emailed them a couple of weeks ago asking the same question. They got straight back to me by email within hours and sorted things out for me. I pay through "Go Cardless" and my revised subscription, which I doubled, begins in August. I received an email confirming that the old monthly payment was cancelled and another email confirming the revised payment.

The WS do need to make it much easier to join up, restart or increase payments, especially on the crest of this victorious wave.

Certainly something that will be worked on. Unfortunately though, there's going to be some further waiting about for folk joining or upping pledges - the backlog Sally is dealing with is pretty hefty. Which is good.

Edited by JayMFC

Just now, JayMFC said:

Certainly something that will be worked on. Unfortunately though, there's going to be some further waiting about for folk joining or upping pledging - the backlog Sally is dealing with is pretty hefty. Which is good.

Genuinely great news that, as much as it’ll be a pain for others. 

A one or two liner on the socials to promote the backlog will silence some critics, increase visibility and more than all let people know that may then forget to follow up…

2 hours ago, StAndrew7 said:

Milk last, after the tea bag is out.

From a pot, milk first and a straight pour.

Irrespective of pot or straight to cup, there’s only one way..

tea bag, boiling water, tea bag does its thing (note that this stage can be aided by a spoon and a quick mix if you’re in a hurry) and is then removed, sugar added and mixed if that’s your thing leaving the tea swirling like a tornado and then finally milk added to circulate in the aforementioned tornado. 

Two slices of toast, buttered the millisecond the toaster pops on the side and you’re golden. 

Today's outcome seemed inevitable, but an almost euphoric relief to have it  confirmed and we can now move forward.

From misinformation and poor research, to folk just being stubborn and refusing to accept a better, alternative view, there were times I honestly thought we had more delusional folk in our support than we had ever imagined. However, with the aid of some sterling work from some of the more prominent posters on here, we got the message out there and the result we were after. It will only ever be ROASTED cheese.

Also glad Erik's fucked off.

Edited by 'WellDel

I’d actually like to hear from Erik if he’s still around @Erik Barmack

I know he’s unlikely to reply but it would be interesting to hear if he feels he was miss-sold on the project hence the way it played out from their perspective. 

Also, among all of this, I’d like to hear what Courtney makes of it all? Is she relieved to be out giving it the “a told you it wouldn’t work Erik!!” Patter or does she blame him for not getting her a new football club?

Fantastic news. 

The Society really need to take advantage and get info out there re: how to increase your monthly subs.

Hopefully with the new website there will be an option to do this automatically. 

Strike whilst the iron is hot! 

1 hour ago, redstarcvedza said:

Not long back from Florida and the family exhibited the same high excitement levels for a trip to Walmart as they did going to the Disney parks. 

On my first ever visit to Walmart I almost literally staggered out under the weight of a "Wheel of Cheesecake", which was big enough and heavy enough to have survived the Oregon Trail. 

America, what a fucking country!

IMYQ95g.gif

4 hours ago, StAndrew7 said:

Celebratory granary and latte here. ☕PXL_20240716_094122842.thumb.jpg.53213a1a6141a78079a8dfea38364c20.jpg

I admire that the image on the latte looks like Michael Crawford's mask in Phantom of the Opera.

Fabulous news. anyone want any more Overkill, or are done, and, emotionally moving on?

10 minutes ago, Dan Electro said:

I admire that the image on the latte looks like Michael Crawford's mask in Phantom of the Opera.

Fabulous news. anyone want any more Overkill, or are done, and, emotionally moving on?

Motherwell's message to EB?

27 minutes ago, Doctor Manhattan said:

On my first ever visit to Walmart I almost literally staggered out under the weight of a "Wheel of Cheesecake", which was big enough and heavy enough to have survived the Oregon Trail. 

America, what a fucking country!

IMYQ95g.gif

Walmart is mental. One minute you're tipping in 1kg tubs of milk duds and the next you're confronted with an arsenal of deadly weaponry and associated ammunition.

Just now, KirkySuperSub said:

Today: Toast and Tea

Tomorrow: What way do you load up the toilet roll?

A nation awaits with bated breath.

Thursday......do you sit down or stand up to wipe yr bum

What a class act Theo Bair is.

Up there as one of my favourite strikers we've had, mostly for how much he got it right up everyone who said he was shite.

Hope he kicks on, terrific player for us,  even when he wasn't scoring.