Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

27 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Tbh, from having had a browse of the profiles and timelines of those concerned the folk that seem to have been pro this investment proposal seem to have been gullible marks who will fall for an obvious grift.

Common laments seem to be "NOBODY WILL INVEST NOW" and the plaintive "BUT WE MADE A VIDEO AND THE WS HAVE WASTED IT!"

I'm seriously thinking about deleting my (mostly fake) social media accounts so I'm not tempted to read any more.

30 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

I noticed what I'm assuming is yer man in the comments on Twitter. Not taking it well at all.

Tbh, from having had a browse of the profiles and timelines of those concerned the folk that seem to have been pro this investment proposal seem to have been gullible marks who will fall for an obvious grift.

I don't ever really like to see myself as better than other people but this investment talk has made me realise how many thick, unbearable c***s there are in our support.

33 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

A good number who's politics inhabit the right of the political spectrum too.

51 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Wonder what the Venn diagram of people who were pro-Wild Sheep investment and also attended the Glasgow Willy Wonka Experience looks like.... 

Say what you like about Craig, but his love for VW Golfs cannot be questioned. 

Convinced that some folk don't read anything anymore. The "investment"  wasn't for the playing squad, they even stated that, but let's not let that get in the way of a meltdown in game two of the season eh? Have suspected some folk in favour of such a poor offer really didn't bother engaging with much around it, just wanted to stick the boot into a so far successful fan ownership model. If instant on the pitch results are the basis for folk wanting it, then that pretty much confirms that theory. 

Edited by MurrayWell

41 minutes ago, Doctor Manhattan said:

I'm seriously thinking about deleting my (mostly fake) social media accounts so I'm not tempted to read any more.

Living up to your username.

ZVCdJG3.gif.e82922a49cd42930b301dd873250710f.gif

I'm not just saying this because we dropped points last night but I think I'm getting a bit fatigued of the LC groups. The fact we've never went out at this stage means there's little sense of jeopardy and I'm not sure if the games themselves are much better watches than pre-season friendlies against Morecambe or Doncaster used to be.

I know we were seeded last year then lost in Paisley anyway but its a bit of a scunner that, even if we do scud Clyde and Thistle, one slack moment in Montrose could see us going to Ibrox Hampden or Parkhead in the first knockout. Alexander and Kettlewell both seemingly struggling to get their heads round the format hasn't helped either.

Edited by YassinMoutaouakil

49 minutes ago, camer0n_mcd said:

I don't ever really like to see myself as better than other people but this investment talk has made me realise how many thick, unbearable c***s there are in our support.

I left Scotland in 2002. From 1996 onwards I had K93 season ticket in the then East Stand. When I left the unbearable c***S were ubiquitous..I'd be surprised if this has reduced.....

To go back to last night for a second, I just listened to the "At the Game" podcast on the Terrace Patreon and I had already forgotten that horrendously cringe GGGGGGGGGGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL over the tannoy. No idea how I managed it considering I was standing underneath the speaker during the penalties, but that will live with me for a long time. 

17 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I'm not just saying this because we dropped points last night but I think I'm getting a bit fatigued of the LC groups. 

Same here. It was a decent idea and even a bit refreshing for a while but now needs a revamp.

That's easier said than done though, tonnes of games in a dead time of year appeals to TV and even if the OF were willing to play another domestic game, there's actual clashes with European qualifiers for others.

Tbh I'd go back to the way it was, seeded LC knock-outs midweek throughout the season but rebrand the old Summer Cup as the 'competitive' games before the real stuff starts.

51 minutes ago, MurrayWell said:

Say what you like about Craig, but his love for VW Golfs cannot be questioned. 

Convinced that some folk don't read anything anymore. The "investment"  wasn't for the playing squad, they even stated that, but let's not let that get in the way of a meltdown in game two of the season eh? Have suspected some folk in favour of such a poor offer really didn't bother engaging with much around it, just wanted to stick the boot into a so far successful fan ownership model. If instant on the pitch results are the basis for folk wanting it, then that pretty much confirms that theory. 

I mean, I've seen The WS getting it tight because the club announced Bair's fee as 'undisclosed'. What the actual f**k. If folk can't grasp why a fee is undisclosed and don't have the wherewithal to join the dots in the press where the fee has been pretty clearly fed to a Well leaning journalist then what chance do the WS have with them.

I know I've said it before, but it's worth saying it again, people are fucking idiots.

Very much not for now but when the dust has settled it might be worth their time doing a sit down interview with Caldwell and giving an explainer on what the set up has been and what the Society remit actually *is* and get it up on the actual Club channels rather than just the WS platforms because, f**k me, if there's one thing this whole shambles has made clear it's that a *lot* of the support don't (won't) actually understand that stuff.

It's great that the WS are making people aware of the press they've been getting and while I'm not sure it'd make much difference to the various Colins in our support who seem to have their own reasons for their positions against the Society but it could help with the sorts who just don't pay that much attention.

Edited by capt_oats

28 minutes ago, Handsome_Devil said:

Same here. It was a decent idea and even a bit refreshing for a while but now needs a revamp.

That's easier said than done though, tonnes of games in a dead time of year appeals to TV and even if the OF were willing to play another domestic game, there's actual clashes with European qualifiers for others.

Tbh I'd go back to the way it was, seeded LC knock-outs midweek throughout the season but rebrand the old Summer Cup as the 'competitive' games before the real stuff starts.

I actually couldn't disagree any more with this, particularly now that they ditched the regionalisation aspect of it. It's always just yer luck in terms of who you draw, but Montrose is a perfect example of a tie that I was really looking forward to. Never been there to see us, love Montrose generally, I think it's great.

The alternative is having a straight knock-out tournament which, I guess, fine, but broadly makes less money for everyone and for big dogs like us (who unfortunately have failed to big dog any team in this stage for a while it feels like) gives us an actual competitive pre-season to work through. Always provides an additional chance at a wee derby (even though we're shite at them) and a Tuesday evening in the sunshine (although last night was miserable).

So broadly, I like the theory, even if it doesn't quite play out perfectly.