Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

15 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

So we only need a point at home to Championship opposition to avoid being the one Premiership team to go out at this stage?

It's so obvious what's going to happen that I honestly don't think we should bother turning up. Forfeit and take the 0-3.

I think we will be ok as long as we don't play for a draw ...

Defence and midfield exactly as you'd expect given the current injury/availability situation. Hopefully big Stupa told to shoot on sight to hopefully put pressure on Thistle's young and inexperienced keeper. Think it could be a tight affair but we should have enough to get the job done and see us through.

10 minutes ago, Well Well said:

Is there a reason why Balmer isn't getting on?. Is he carrying a small knock?. I prefer him to almost anyone else in there other than McGinn.

Must say I raised an eyebrow at that as well...and if McGinn not fit enough for now, do you throw him in next week?

That’s the keeper getting 2 games each, I expected the same with Balmer and Gordon.

Happy to see Wilson starting but we need to see something of Seddon, same for Marvellous Martin.

A positive front line with an opportunity for Moses to come on and get the glory. 

Oh, it appears there was a big fight pre kickoff.

Some of the Well boys stole a drum from the Partick fans, headbutts and fists flying. One of the Well boys was ran over by a police car.

Crazy.

15 minutes ago, witchfindergeneral said:

Of course Partick's rookie goalie is having the game of his life today

He's only played about 20 senior games less than your own keeper, tbf.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

He's only played about 20 senior games less than your own keeper, tbf.

Aye this is Oxborough's 4th game for us. Still no idea if he's any good and expect he will be back to number 2 once the league begins.

We've come onto a game in the last 20 minutes or so, but when you play a back 5 you need wingbacks to get up the park quick and get a good ball in, it's one of many things that killed us a lot at the start of last season, respectfully i don't think either of our wingbacks really offer that. 

Edited by camer0n_mcd

Only Gordon and Miller look accomplished. I have no idea what SOD is doing. Feel a lot better about Blaney when he crosses the halfway line dribbling than defending.

Thistle are going to have to open up to chase this

Its mental playing a formation that relies on full backs when you play two that can't/won't go past a man.

It's also mental that after last season, and how poor we were defensively. 5 out of the 6 were in the building last season. 

We badly need someone between the midfield and strikers