Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

5 minutes ago, 18May1991 said:

What do we normally charge away supporter juniors? 

Hope we charge their mutant offspring £16 a pop when they next come to darken Fir Park. 

Tommy McLean stand (away support)

Situated behind the goal, our biggest stand holds 4,500 and is the home for away fans coming to Fir Park.

Category B Category A
Adults £26 £33
Concessions £19 £24
Young Adults £12 £12
Juveniles £6 £6

Would normally never even consider taking the kids away to an OF game but the boy's have been badgering me to take them to this one because it's at Hampden.  65 quid for myself and 2 juveniles to sit in the middle of a big bowl of bile! No thanks.  Sorry boys but you'll just have to wait for us to get to a semi or draw QP away. 

Edited by JamesP_81

1 hour ago, Desp said:

Damn you and your lies @AJF

My apologies 😂 although when I was purchasing my ticket for the upcoming Dynamo Kiev game sections G4-G7 were unavailable so I think that’s where they are being seated. Not sure why it’s the opposite side for you guys.

48 minutes ago, camer0n_mcd said:

Colin Park comes across as a bit of a w**k.

The condescension in the first 2 mins was unreal.

1 hour ago, capt_oats said:

That's the voting open for the WS board election.

Video for the candidates here...

Some really excellent candidates there! 

Fairplay to one of the "Colins" for putting themselves forward! Shame about the pitch!

Whoever gets elected will undoubtedly strengthen the Society Board with their energy and skillset!

17 hours ago, Vietnam91 said:

Funds were diverted to buy voodoo dolls of myself, @fatcalf @Handsome_Devil @StAndrew7 @camer0n_mcd @Jim McLean's Ghost @Doctor Manhattan &@David1979 plus a lot of very long needles.

You probably got added to the list for your Vietnam 2 - 0 USA comment too.

Are any of you guys up for election to the WS board or are you maintaining your secret identities?

To the list of sh*te midfielders at FP may I add Davie Shanks? (The story at the time was that the club made a bid for "that lad Shanks" and there being two in Clydebank's squad they couldn't get rid of this one quickly enough.)

As for It's-still-the-same-Ibrox on Saturday, I had assumed we'd be put in the segregated "International away-fans section".

Murrayfield et environs don't want them back there.

A good field of candidates there, I have an idea of a couple that I'm voting for, but may be a hard choice for the other two, as there's a good blend of experience in there.

The last vote brought in some excellent folk, so have high hopes for this one.

18 minutes ago, Wellwatcher said:

Are any of you guys up for election to the WS board or are you maintaining your secret identities?

Not me. I reckoned “sarcastic disbelief” wasn’t enough of a skill in its own right, and I also live across just enough water to make attending meetings difficult. (Although this doesn’t seem to have stopped a couple of random Americans from throwing their Stetsons into the ring.)

@Vietnam91 isn’t hard to pick out of the field, though 😉

4 hours ago, crazylegsjoe_mfc said:

The big thing for me is the injuries, surely we must be making some sort of investigation into how everyone is dropping like flies.

We did, within the last year or two at least. Think it was asked and answered at an AGM, the findings were basically "just bad luck".

Thought there were some really good pitches in there - will be quite difficult to narrow that down to 4 but whichever 4 get the board positions I'm confident they'll do a good job adding to the excellent recent additions. 

Hopefully there's a way for the Society to work with some of the unsuccessful candidates as there seems to be a decent range of ideas and initiatives that it'd be a shame to discard because a particular individual didn't get a board seat.

Positive times ahead for the Society hopefully!

47 minutes ago, Cedrics Mighty Well Army said:

To the list of sh*te midfielders at FP may I add Davie Shanks? (The story at the time was that the club made a bid for "that lad Shanks" and there being two in Clydebank's squad they couldn't get rid of this one quickly enough.)

As for It's-still-the-same-Ibrox on Saturday, I had assumed we'd be put in the segregated "International away-fans section".

Murrayfield et environs don't want them back there.

The version I heard back in the day was we wanted to sign the “big midfielder Davie “ ie David Irons who went onto have a decent career with Dunfermline. Davie Shanks was honking and would easily be in the top 5 worst midfielders I’ve ever seen play for us.

6 minutes ago, Stevie Kirk said:

The version I heard back in the day was we wanted to sign the “big midfielder Davie “ ie David Irons who went onto have a decent career with Dunfermline. Davie Shanks was honking and would easily be in the top 5 worst midfielders I’ve ever seen play for us.

We signed him (perhaps from yourselves?), but he never even managed to get on the park once for us before getting moved on.

1 hour ago, Wellwatcher said:

Definiely not for various reasons...hat-tip to all 17 putting themselves forward though.