Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

10 minutes ago, ropy said:

That was in a game, went up for a header and landed on his ankle which obviously buckled under him.

Thought you were all on about training ground injuries?

8 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

That was in a game, went up for a header and landed on his ankle which obviously buckled under him.

Mate, we're one gypsy curse away from a broken wrist brought on by a hand slap during a substitution.

I understand we're growing sage in the memorial garden to burn and exorcise the place.

17 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Paton and Blaney were in recent games, we will take on all sorts of injuries.  Not sure we have had a domestic incident yet.

Presumably McGinn getting on the pitch last week meant it was likely that Blaney may have dropped out anyway.  Is Sparrow going to get a game by default?

We may see a sixth defender getting a game somewhere just to use the bodies we have.

16 minutes ago, Vietnam91 said:

Mate, we're one gypsy curse away from a broken wrist brought on by a hand slap during a substitution.

I understand we're growing sage in the memorial garden to burn and exorcise the place.

Tbf I think it's just a thing that's more noticeable now that clubs actually communicate stuff.

Like we have Ikpeazu injured because he twisted his knee walking around his house, previously you'd just be told he wasn't available.

2 hours ago, well fan for life said:

Is it turning out that playing seasons almost back-to-back, having a tiny pre-season playing a pub team and jumping straight into competitive action might be quite taxing on players. 

On the back of this, the amount of games players, more so at a higher level are asked to play these days is ridiculous. Eg spurs and Newcastle jetting off to Australia to play a friendly the day after the season finished. I know we would never have to do that, but the point of demand on players is definitely one to be had. 

15 minutes ago, Neil86 said:

On the back of this, the amount of games players, more so at a higher level are asked to play these days is ridiculous. Eg spurs and Newcastle jetting off to Australia to play a friendly the day after the season finished. I know we would never have to do that, but the point of demand on players is definitely one to be had. 

There is almost universal agreement top-level players play too many games but everyone has the same solution, namely maintaining or expanding their own competitions (or friendlies) while suggesting other folk trim matches from their tournaments.

Eventually the law of supply and demand will take hold on a bigger scale (I remember from previous conversations on here there are already folk like me who barely watch anything outside the Scottish football niche any more). What's the point in going out your way to watch or pay for 'the big game' when there's another two or three days away and another three days after that and another and another for at least 10 months of the year?

1 hour ago, Vietnam91 said:

Reminds me of an Only Excuse Sketch from the late 90s / early 00s where that Scottish dude that played for Blackburn (was it Paul Gallagher?!) did exactly that 🤣

2 minutes ago, Vietnam91 said:

BBC showing Ryan "without a club" Jack at the SMISA tonight.

Could we afford him, would he want to, would any of you want him?

He has exactly the chequered injury CV we lap up.

If he was fit he'd be a great addition and if the rest of the squad was reliable, you would probably be tempted to take a punt. But he's usually not, they're definitely not and so we shouldn't be.

11 minutes ago, Vietnam91 said:

BBC showing Ryan "without a club" Jack at the SMISA tonight.

Could we afford him, would he want to, would any of you want him?

He has exactly the chequered injury CV we lap up.

Another perma-crock is the last thing we need. 

Just now, boozyBJ said:

So far away from the pitch you could barely see the game. It hit about 40 degrees that day

42 in the shade - game kicked off at 10:30pm or something weird as a result.

12 minutes ago, Swello said:

The hottest I've ever been in my life - but some trip and the one Champs League experience we'll ever have...

What a trip that was. Mega late kick off - portaloos out the back, some Greek cop posing for all the photos, taxi driver dropping us off at a Jack the rippers miles away from the hotel 😆

23 minutes ago, Swello said:

The hottest I've ever been in my life - but some trip and the one Champs League experience we'll ever have...

21 minutes ago, boozyBJ said:

So far away from the pitch you could barely see the game. It hit about 40 degrees that day

We were there a week, Barman at our pool kept giving us free melon with our pints to hydrate us. 

6 minutes ago, boozyBJ said:

I was on the charter, so it was straight to the airport after game then home. Never got to sample the “nightlife”

We were in an open air hip hop night club one night. Fantastic night.

Edited by Busta Nut