Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Great news, no ear plugs required tomorrow. Grow up boys, We don't like Bobs attitude, so we're not playing ball. You either support the team or don't, end of. 

I note Ross County’s 6-0 defeat, that hasn’t really happened to us under Kettlewell, with last season’s defence that is quite remarkable (ironically RC took 5 off us). That must be a good thing and when our multi-striker approach starts to bear fruit we will be ok.

16 minutes ago, Swello said:

I think this is a great opportunity to change things up actually.

All the unremittingly negative 60 year olds who spend the game red in the face spraying slevers over everyone in the rows in front could all congregate in Block E tomorrow. They could have a co-ordinated half-time Boooo, they could use a megaphone to berate young players who make minor errors, have a TIFO about the state of the East Stand steps and do co-ordinated walkouts on the 18th, 35th, 51st and 77th minutes to go for a pish. 

😆😆😆

4 hours ago, eliphas said:

Linkedin tells me 'Stadium Safety & Facilities Manager' so the role seems to be broader than just a Deputy Safety Officer, which he was before. So kind of makes sense he runs a project to rectify the East Stand. Especially with no CEO around to manage the issues that caused it. 

And not a single qualification or suitable level of experience to go along with managing those facilities…. All manner of legal requirements to be met when managing a facility like this and he hasn’t got a single clue. 

When I say I’m surprised we haven’t had a serious issue yet with compliance.. I’m not exaggerating..

Another wee legacy from Mr Burrows then if that's the case

30 minutes ago, real-name-hidden said:

And not a single qualification or suitable level of experience to go along with managing those facilities…. All manner of legal requirements to be met when managing a facility like this and he hasn’t got a single clue. 

When I say I’m surprised we haven’t had a serious issue yet with compliance.. I’m not exaggerating..

I hadn't quite realised the extent to which I had memory-holed the Hammell era until last night when I stumbled upon a recording of the 1-0 win against United on my Sky box (the one Watt was sent off) and realised that while it was less than two years ago (1 year 9 months and 27 days to be precise) 15 (FIFTEEEN) of our 20 man match day squad are no longer at the club.

Kelly, Johansen, Lamie, Penney, Goss, Shields, Spittal, McKinstry, Van Veen, Mugabi, Maguire, Cornelius, Josh Morris, Moult and Tierney.

The 5 who are still with the club were McGinn, Slattery, Oxborough, O'Donnell and Lennon Miller.

Like, don't get me wrong, United's squad is similar; Birighitti, Smith, Edwards, McMann, McGrath, Levitt, Behich, Watt, Fletcher, Pawlett, Harkes, Niskanen, Djoum, Eriksson, Meekison....so it's very much: This is Modern Fitba'.

But still...some laugh.

giphy.gif

12 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

I hadn't quite realised the extent to which I had memory-holed the Hammell era until last night when I stumbled upon a recording of the 1-0 win against United on my Sky box (the one Watt was sent off) and realised that while it was less than two years ago (1 year 9 months and 27 days to be precise) 15 (FIFTEEEN) of our 20 man match day squad are no longer at the club.

Kelly, Johansen, Lamie, Penney, Goss, Shields, Spittal, McKinstry, Van Veen, Mugabi, Maguire, Cornelius, Josh Morris, Moult and Tierney.

The 5 who are still with the club were McGinn, Slattery, Oxborough, O'Donnell and Lennon Miller.

Like, don't get me wrong, United's squad is similar; Birighitti, Smith, Edwards, McMann, McGrath, Levitt, Behich, Watt, Fletcher, Pawlett, Harkes, Niskanen, Djoum, Eriksson, Meekison....so it's very much: This is Modern Fitba'.

But still...some laugh.

giphy.gif

29th October 2022?

For fun (aye I'm sad) looked at our side from that day.

Bold shows players still at the club.

Matthews, Mitchell, Gordon, Considine, McGowan, Wright, Brown, Hallberg, Carey, Clark, May.

Subs: Parish, Gallacher, Montgomery, Phillips, Wotherspoon, Crawford, Kucheriavyi, McLennan, Bair.

Kucheriavyi publicly available to leave too, and I'd suspect Clark would be gone if he didn't get 3.5yr deal when he signed.

So aye, enjoyed that.

1 hour ago, capt_oats said:

But still...some laugh.

giphy.gif

I get flashbacks to the Hammell era every time I see the haunted look in David Gray's eyes as he explains away Hibs latest shite result.

1 minute ago, joewarkfanclub said:

Its kinda mental to think that its only 2 years since Alexander was our manager! The shit thats flowed under the bridge since then!

Periodically my thoughts drift back to May 22 and no matter how calm I am, I just end up thinking f**king twats, what the hell were we thinking...

The posts above highlight just how quickly players pass through these days and you can argue if you're in a permanent state of transition, there's no point backing a manager medium-term...but I just can't be arsed with yet more changes and rebuilds unless it really can't be avoided due to emergencies.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

29th October 2022?

For fun (aye I'm sad) looked at our side from that day.

Bold shows players still at the club.

Matthews, Mitchell, Gordon, Considine, McGowan, Wright, Brown, Hallberg, Carey, Clark, May.

Subs: Parish, Gallacher, Montgomery, Phillips, Wotherspoon, Crawford, Kucheriavyi, McLennan, Bair.

We'll take the lot.

Not ideal in this weather but I’ve been doing a bit of work through the Society with a cracking organisation called Pedal To The Pitch to get more fans walking, wheeling and cycling to matches. Society members may have noticed in the newsletter, thanks to funding from Paths For All, Pedal to the Pitch will be delivering a series of events that encourage fans to get active on their way to Fir Park. Whether you are an everyday cyclist, seasoned hiker, or a petrolhead, we want to get all supporters involved to make matchdays cleaner, greener and more enjoyable for you and the local community. They are going to be outside the Cooper Stand today from half 1 onwards, please pop by and have a chat if you can, even if you aren’t a keen cyclist, they are good guys and hopefully something we can build on.

I’ll go into more detail about the Block E boycott in more detail when I’ve got a bit more time, but just a reminder that the lads from their group are continuing with their Foodbank collection today. If you are in a position to do so, please consider giving what you can to help others in the community.

18 minutes ago, camer0n_mcd said:

I really didn't need reminded that Graham Alexander still existed, I'm still trying to scrub that period out of my mind. Thanks a lot guys.

The memory of Alexander manifests for me when I'm at the dentists.

In other news, our groundsman right about now:

sobbing GIF

On 23/08/2024 at 21:42, ropy said:

I joined a long time ago when there were tiers and offers.  I got invites to the team photo and a bottle of wine (Claret), are there any offers in the pack nowadays?

Not sure if they do tiers or if there's any offers for those giving more than I am. Got a keyring, a badge, certificate and letter with mine.

16 hours ago, real-name-hidden said:

And not a single qualification or suitable level of experience to go along with managing those facilities….

I'm not defending him, his actions or his general attitude, but he was (and I believe may still be) Deputy Safety Officer at Hampden before joining us. You might think he doesn't have a clue, but he does have experience - we didn't just hire some rando.