Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

46 minutes ago, MurrayWell said:

Lee Lucas, Craig Clay, Kieran Kennedy, Louis Laing, Mark McGhee, what an era for alliteration and underwhelming fitba. 

I suppose the flip side is having Scott McDonald Louis Moult and ❤️ Lionel ❤️ banging in 30 yard screamers .

1 hour ago, camer0n_mcd said:

It doesn't really matter but them putting SOD at centre half has annoyed me more than it should do. His average position on Sunday was closer to our Striker than it was any of the Centre backs.Screenshot_20240827-0854352.thumb.png.9a823f94f55c9eb676ceeff91cbeebc1.png

FWIW, first half he was your second highest player.

GV7sFzaWgAA0oHp.thumb.jpeg.7c8872f613d29d05b646d706d5aa4223.jpeg

2 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I honestly love that our response to folk saying SOD lacks the legs to bomb up and down the flank nowadays is just to start him at right-wing instead.

Honestly. See if this is going to be our *identity* for this group of players, I'm all for it.

Look at their faces...

5 hours ago, par-adise said:

Going back a few years but any thoughts on Craig Clay? Apparently we have him on trial. 

My bro in law is an Orient season tkt holder and he was highly rated down there after he was with us, but that was lge 2.

Would be ok in championship, but thats about it.

3 minutes ago, Handsome_Devil said:

I'm easily pleased by many things but seeing footballers - obviously especially if they're ours - so often worn down by cynicism, money, professionalism or simply life, celebrating goals with genuine joy like they're kids will never stop warming my heart.

This x100. 

I think often the importance of emotion on all sides is overlooked. Without it there would be nothing. 

Craig Clay reminded me of Robbie Crawford in that he’s average at everything but doesn’t have any outstanding qualities either. I was worried Sparrow might be the same but Sunday has given me a bit of hope on him. 

33 minutes ago, Handsome_Devil said:

I'm easily pleased by many things but seeing footballers - obviously especially if they're ours - so often worn down by cynicism, money, professionalism or simply life, celebrating goals with genuine joy like they're kids will never stop warming my heart.

At some point Wilson is going to score and I reckon he may look like the happiest human being that's ever lived.

1 hour ago, thisGRAEME said:

At some point Wilson is going to score and I reckon he may look like the happiest human being that's ever lived.

It's a race between him and Robinson, and I'm not sure I'm emotionably capable to deal with the level of joy we'll see.

19 minutes ago, Al B said:

It's a race between him and Robinson, and I'm not sure I'm emotionably capable to deal with the level of joy we'll see.

Robinson may provide the assist, but he won’t score.

12 minutes ago, ropy said:

Robinson may provide the assist, but he won’t score.

Kevin didn't look anywhere as prolific playing as an isolated striker.

Robinson's job on Sunday was back to goal, trap the ball, employ tricky feet and look for an out ball. I thought he was excellent in that role.

1 minute ago, Vietnam91 said:

Kevin didn't look anywhere as prolific playing as an isolated striker.

Robinson's job on Sunday was back to goal, trap the ball, employ tricky feet and look for an out ball. I thought he was excellent in that role.

I agree, I’ve consistently said he is the better player between himself and Moses, but he won’t score.

i am going with the reverse psychology approach.

2 hours ago, thisGRAEME said:

Got a photo of the wee fella with Wilson after the Ross County game. He had a great big smile and just looked as happy as a pig in shit. 

wilson I mean. 

although the wee fella was happy too which was nice.