Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Great support up today - maybe a hint of positivity on the go after a fairly non-descript time last season.

Also - I'm going to get a Liam Gordon t-shirt, maybe a poster.

3 hours ago, Cedrics Mighty Well Army said:

Irons did well by saying "They don't take defeat lightly" (or similar) before adding at full-time "Enjoy your evening guys".

Him saying "I'm going to have to make a sharp exit" (or something to that effect) made me laugh. Probably just him sitting there on his Tod as well. Haha.

If someone at Motherwell, and I think posters on here work there?, could let Liam Gordon know that the Saints fans booing him, then shouting abuse during the game and after at him, are arseholes and not representative of the Saints support that would be great, thanks.

He was annoyingly similar to player we had before the entire club set fire to itself, so I hope that means hes doing better mentally. 

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

If someone at Motherwell, and I think posters on here work there?, could let Liam Gordon know that the Saints fans booing him, then shouting abuse during the game and after at him, are arseholes and not representative of the Saints support that would be great, thanks.

He was annoyingly similar to player we had before the entire club set fire to itself, so I hope that means hes doing better mentally. 

I am equally keen to see how KVV is received if he makes the starting line up by the time St Mirren arrive at Fir Park.

13 minutes ago, ropy said:

I am equally keen to see how KVV is received if he makes the starting line up by the time St Mirren arrive at Fir Park.

Probably the same when he played against us at Kilmarnock. A few boos initially but nothing much.

Then again, he did f all as he wasn't really fit (and still might be unfit) and didn't get much time on the pitch.

If he goes and scores against us then maybe.

5 minutes ago, Phillips455 said:

Probably the same when he played against us at Kilmarnock. A few boos initially but nothing much.

Then again, he did f all as he wasn't really fit (and still might be unfit) and didn't get much time on the pitch.

If he goes and scores against us then maybe.

I wasn’t there but his visit with Killie was a cameo at best.

45 minutes ago, ropy said:

I'll be booing.

It's nothing personal, I just love booing.

There was a point today when the ball was played into our crowded box and 10 or so yards out a pair of red arms emerged from the throng to collect the ball.  I didn’t see Aston leave his line and had actually forgotten that keepers were allowed to do that, he also made a good save in the first half from a shot from close range.

The back 5 though, they’ve been class as well. Not be long before people in media etc start singing the praises of Ewan Wilson been absolutely solid recently.

Talking about the attack as well earlier, the movement from the players is so good just now. Playing a pass then looking to make a run or get it back. It’s quite fluid up top when the players were linking up and that involved the midfield as well. It feels like we’re really witnessing what a ‘Kettlewell team’ is in terms of style and identity. 

3 hours ago, crazylegsjoe_mfc said:

Moses has scored 5 goals for us now. Four of them 93rd minute or later.

In 176 minutes of football. A goal every 35 minutes. A goal every 20 minutes in the premiership. I like the guy. 

2 hours ago, ropy said:

Ewan Wilson is the reincarnation of big Hutchy, two St Johnstone attacks where Wilson is last (only) man back, both times I thought he held too much of the central line while the ball was coming in from wider, both times he closed the gap at the exact right time to snuff out the attack.

I have talked before about my affinity with Motherwell left backs, since I turned out for the Muirhouse PS school team in that position.  The love affair continues.

Muirhouse PS school team!! I played right back in the late 60's. What a scheme team 😁

2 hours ago, Handsome_Devil said:

On that topic - Miller deep, and only deep in the midfield please. It's one thing testing him out a bit in the LC groups or in an injury crisis...but we should be looking for the best XI we have from now.

Amen brother! 🧡❤️🧡

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

It's not an unique phenomenon. Mark Reynolds came through our academy, left for money, ended up at Aberdeen and got boo'd for doing zero wrong and doing right by the club. Neither Reyonlds or Gordon were pantomime villains or mercenaries. Many a good club servant have been targeted by the roasteratti.

For better or worse, SK tends to stick with a winning team.

Pushing Miller back probably means dropping one of Davor or Halliday, both of whom have played well enough to keep their place IMO.

On a different note, Wilson really has forced his way into a regular gig at LWB, and I'm sure it won't be long before we start hearing about interest from elsewhere.

3 minutes ago, rowsdower said:

For better or worse, SK tends to stick with a winning team.

Pushing Miller back probably means dropping one of Davor or Halliday, both of whom have played well enough to keep their place IMO.

On a different note, Wilson really has forced his way into a regular gig at LWB, and I'm sure it won't be long before we start hearing about interest from elsewhere.

On Wilson, surely a case in point for giving a couple youngsters extended game time to prove themselves each season?

Wilson has benefitted from Seddon getting injured off the bat then having skeleton cover in midfield (remember he played right midfield ahead of Seddon at Hampden). That exposure has given him a platform in the same way that by late August 2023 our strikers were decimated and Bair got an extended run. If it hadn't been for that he would have continued to get 5 minutes here and 10 there as a 4th striker. Doubt he would have been firing all cylinders by December and realised a 7 figure transfer.

It makes you wonder how many exist in our league or even club that just need the planets to align for a host of injuries to be thrust into matches.

Made me look at Sevco's recent 6-0 vs Ross County, Robbie Fraser introduced in the 75th minute and score at 5-0, what's the point in that.

Edited by Vietnam91