Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

11 minutes ago, Blink182 said:

Those prices are a reflection of the sad state of prices of football these days.

Not surprised but disappointed to see those costs. 

Granted, but to walk up and sit behind the goal on Saturday you're paying £26 (granted you don't need binos).

Disappointed with the ticket price, especially with the big crowd and associated feel good factor after Friday. Agree that a price point of £20/25 would have been more appropriate, I’d think we’ll lose some off the would be gate at those prices. 

29 minutes ago, Phillips455 said:

Seen quite a few rangers & celtic fans saying " You charge higher prices compared to other in league, so you can't conplain" I'm the comments.

I find that hard to argue with tbh...if you utterly rip the pish with ticket prices when it suits you, you have no cause to grumble when you're on the other end.

9 minutes ago, Handsome_Devil said:

I find that hard to argue with tbh...if you utterly rip the pish with ticket prices when it suits you, you have no cause to grumble when you're on the other end.

The thing is, we always make the cup prices cheaper than the comparative league fixture.

Do you think we would be charging £20 for Dundee United and Kilmarnock at our next league fixtures? No, we will end up charging £26 or even more.

And do note that this would mean lower prices for both clubs fans, and we don't have to deal with the additional policing costs (since it's the SFA/SPFL That deals with that for semifinals and finals).

Always going to be hard when you have to negotiate with 3 other clubs. Especially when Rangers and Celtic, probably Aberdeen too, will more or less sell out their allocation. So, capitalist head on, money wise, why would they put it down below a level they think is a price most of their base is willing to pay just to please us. Obviously in a nice lovely, community, crowd building world it would be 20 quid or something. But that would probably just mean they sell the same amount of tickets, we probably sell a bit more. 

It's a bit shit but until it's written into the rules that the league get to set the price or the clubs agree a cap of x amount....such is life.

7 minutes ago, Phillips455 said:

The thing is, we always make the cup prices cheaper than the comparative league fixture.

And this is still about 10% cheaper. For something that isn't just a once every season or two cup game at home, a first semi final in six years.

Football is too expensive generally of course and I have sympathy for any individual who'll struggle to afford it but I find the notion of collectively getting wound up over a fiver, a tenner, whatever bizarre given we do what we do when it suits us.

1 minute ago, eliphas said:

Always going to be hard when you have to negotiate with 3 other clubs. Especially when Rangers and Celtic, probably Aberdeen too, will more or less sell out their allocation. So, capitalist head on, money wise, why would they put it down below a level they think is a price most of their base is willing to pay just to please us. Obviously in a nice lovely, community, crowd building world it would be 20 quid or something. But that would probably just mean they sell the same amount of tickets, we probably sell a bit more. 

Not saying we did it this time, and I would hope we argued for as low prices as possible, but there's been times past when it was the smallest and not the biggest clubs pushing for higher prices on the basis the moral cost of overcharging 6,000 of your own fans is offset financially by overcharging 90,000 of someone else's...

The prices are on the high side, even for a cup semi final.

My main concern is that its a disincentive for our fans and we end up not taking as many to a big game as we should.

Apart from that, the gate money is shared so at least the windfall will be a decent one and our "black hole" should be filled for another year.

If the club can assist with transport costs etc by subsidising buses, it could take some of the sting out of the weekend for those struggling to attend.

44 minutes ago, Handsome_Devil said:

And this is still about 10% cheaper. For something that isn't just a once every season or two cup game at home, a first semi final in six years.

Football is too expensive generally of course and I have sympathy for any individual who'll struggle to afford it but I find the notion of collectively getting wound up over a fiver, a tenner, whatever bizarre given we do what we do when it suits us.

I mean, for context these were the ticket prices in 2017. Tbh, all things considered the prices are pretty much in line with what I'd have expected.

Prices

Motherwell FC has been allocated over 10,000 seats with the option for more if required, with prices set at:

East Stand
Adults: £25
Concessions*: £10
Wheelchair User Adult: £10
Wheelchair User Concession: £5

South Stand
Lower Section J1: £35
Lower Section I: £30
Wheelchair User Adult: £15
Wheelchair User Concession: £5
*Concessions are listed as Over 65s and Under 16s.

https://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/2017/10/03/semi-final-ticket-information-3/

Edited by capt_oats