Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

3 hours ago, Vietnam91 said:

Killie pre xmas moved from Saturday (21st) to Friday (20th) 19:45 ..... recent success and bumper attendance plus no doubt a nice tie in with half season ticket marketing.

Seems an astute move.

Like a good few others, I've got my work's Christmas do so will miss this. It's probably the busiest day for these so, while a Friday night out at the football will suit a lot of people, there will probably be stacks with other commitments as well.

2 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

Like a good few others, I've got my work's Christmas do so will miss this. It's probably the busiest day for these so, while a Friday night out at the football will suit a lot of people, there will probably be stacks with other commitments as well.

Not to worry, it'll probably still be too early to mathematically relegate Killie, so not the worst game to have to miss.

23 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

Yeah I no longer do a 9-5 so overlooked how that Friday is the busiest night in hospitality. I suppose if you like your colleagues your missing it and if you don't, you've got a good excuse.

The drop off on the crowd on Saturday was quite marked after the cup quarter a week before. The long September weekend seemed to play a big part.

2 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

Yes, I missed the game on Saturday as I was away with the family for the September weekend. Did they announce the crowd? I've noticed it's rarely given in match reports on the BBC website these days.

5214, bbc have caught up

Any idea what we can expect from Wells?

He’s a name I know having seen him involved for Motherwell & I saw there were links down south in the summer.

What kind of midfielder is he?

City have been playing a 4-1-3-2, a lot of good passing and a decent style of football but we’re probably lacking in creating chances from open play so hopefully he can help with that.

1 hour ago, Archie McSquackle said:

Add me to that list too. 

Just put down 50 quid on a Xmas night out deposit back end of last week. 

23 minutes ago, Les Cabbage said:

He’s a name I know having seen him involved for Motherwell & I saw there were links down south in the summer.

City have been playing a 4-1-3-2, a lot of good passing and a decent style of football but we’re probably lacking in creating chances from open play so hopefully he can help with that.

When I've seen him he's slotted into an attacking midfield role. Drifted wider Vs Clyde at points but definitely can play through the middle too.

29 minutes ago, Les Cabbage said:

He's looked bright whenever he's had a chance, attack-minded midfielder, good turn of pace and decent range of passing from what we've been able to see so far.

He actually played against Edinburgh City in the league cup game this season, wee guy #27. He played as an attacking mid that day. Has made a couple of league appearances for us from the bench, one last season and one this season, and Kettlewell has been speaking highly of him. Hopefully he'll get consistent game time with City. 

2 hours ago, capt_oats said:

There you go...

Just till January is a strange one, he's already played for us this season so he won't be able to go back out on loan again this season and by the time January comes round we'll have Slattery, Paton, Callachan and potentially Vale back fit and available. 

At that point his only option will be a loan to the juniors like Wilson got last season or u18's football for 6 months.

Just now, camer0n_mcd said:

Just till January is a strange one, he's already played for us this season so he won't be able to go back out on loan again this season and by the time January comes round we'll have Slattery, Paton, Callachan and potentially Vale back fit and available. 

At that point his only option will be a loan to the juniors like Wilson got last season or u18's football for 6 months.

Or back to Edinburgh city?