Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

24 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

Going by the radio commentary on Sunday, there were sections of the St. Mirren pitch invasion over goading the Dundee United support. Don't know how many were involved but there doesn't seem to have been much made of it. Wonder why?

Tbf, it was a much larger pitch invasion, with much less goading, rather than everyone running over to laugh at Rangers.

The most significant result for us in the last decade, perhaps longer. Most importantly we avoided relegation but on a psychological level, beating Rangers in that manner was massive for us. After years of rolling over to them, we obliterated them on the park over those two games and off the park we stood our ground and gave them the allocation that WE wanted them to get for our home game. Time was, neither would have happened. And showing that bottling shitebag McCall up for the tactically inept simpleton I always had him pegged for was just the icing on the cake.

3 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Hopefully any negotiations we have with Celtic consist of Alan Burrows running about with his laptop and telling Lawell to f**k off.

Also, I've decided we're definitely winning a cup this season. 

I've decided that Anne Hathaway is sitting on my face before 2020.  Let's see which one of us wins.

2 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

I've decided that Anne Widdecombe is sitting on my face before 2020.  Let's see which one of us wins.

Made that more plausible for you.

f**k knows why Twitter does stuff like this but, they just sent me a notification to say Motherwell F.C. and Alan Burrows just followed Dom Yarwood. It’s a false alarm though because the guy is a football agent rather than a player.

18 hours ago, capt_oats said:

New transfer rumour lads...Daniel Powell from Northampton. Another "forward". An "unpredictable" winger no less.

6ft 2 like. Disappointing lack of YouTube edits though.

Fair to say Robinson has a type.

The lack of a YouTube compilation is unfortunate, we all know it’s the only true way to judge potential new signings. 

Going purely off blind stats instead(equally valid method), he seems to have a very reasonable return for goals/assists at League 1 level at least.

i5x89l.jpg

10 minutes ago, Casagolda said:

The lack of a YouTube compilation is unfortunate, we all know it’s the only true way to judge potential new signings. 

Going purely off blind stats instead(equally valid method), he seems to have a very reasonable return for goals/assists at League 1 level at least.

Give @capt_oats half an hour!   ;)

1 minute ago, Casagolda said:

1 minute ago, Desp said:

Give @capt_oats half an hour!   ;)

Am I the sort of person who would spend half an hour on a Saturday morning clipping some GIFs of his goals? Yes, yes I am.

Please don't judge me.

giphy.gif

Spoiler

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

24 minutes ago, dezz said:

I really hope we sign him now just so Capt Oats efforts aren’t in vain.

:lol:

Going a step further into the utterly tragic here's his FM19 data. FWIW: I think that story in The Sun about him being a Main replacement is going to have misled some folk. He definitely seems to be a wide player rather than a centre forward (which is why I've linked this nonsense tbh).

5cf2615345d7c_ScreenShot2019-06-01at12_27_47.thumb.png.f0fd454da6603095cd43734e17b7ac32.png

Looking at Northampton's 'retained list' announcement from last month it seems they offered him a new deal rather than straight up binning him (unlike Ash Taylor). Which is something I guess.

Daniel Powell has been offered new terms, while John-Joe O'Toole has an option arising from his existing contract and the club are awaiting the player's decision.

To bring it back to @Casagolda's point about Robinson having a type and it looks absolutely true. Comparing Gboly, Hastie, Hylton (and potentially Powell) with Frear and it's a pretty clear contrast in terms of attributes (nothing against Frear btw).

Unpredictable, mercurial wrecking-ball wingers? I'm absolutely here for it tbqh.

Edited by capt_oats

26 minutes ago, ropy said:

How many wingers can we get in the team, 4 across the front?

Thing is, we’ve already confirmed Frear and Hastie have gone, Cadden looks rather unlikely that he’ll be playing for us next season and despite us trying to keep Ariyibi, he hasn’t yet signed. Surely that means the only winger we can guarantee that we have is Hylton, meaning we’ve potentially lost 4 and so far only have confirmed 1. Makes sense to be looking for a good few

Edited by CSmith

30 minutes ago, CSmith said:

Thing is, we’ve already confirmed Frear and Hastie have gone, Cadden looks rather unlikely that he’ll be playing for us next season and despite us trying to keep Ariyibi, he hasn’t yet signed. Surely that means the only winger we can guarantee that we have is Hylton. 

Related to that, the official site has now refreshed the squad lists (Cadden's still there for the moment):

First Team:
GK: Carson / Ferguson / Gillespie
DF: Tait / Hartley / Dunne / Donnelly
MF: Cadden / Campbell / Grimshaw / Turnbull
FW: Johnson / Tanner

Reserves:
GK: Morrison / Hemfrey
DF: Livingstone / Maguire / Devine / Brown / Hussain
MF: Cornelius / Kettings / McAlear
FW: Scott / Semple / Starrs

Obviously there are PCAs to arrive in the shape of Gallagher, Polworth, Carroll, Sloth and Hylton but it definitely reinforces just how thin we are in the forward area. It's pretty sparse particularly in terms of the sort of centre forward we'll need to stick with the #SexyMotherwell style.

Even when you look at the Reserves: Semple's being viewed as a midfielder rather than a forward now. Cornelius, Kettings and McAlear are all centre mids and McKinstry's fucked off to Leeds so there's not a lot by way of width in that group either (I've no idea who's getting promoted from the Academy this year).

Edited by capt_oats

6 hours ago, capt_oats said:

Am I the sort of person who would spend half an hour on a Saturday morning clipping some GIFs of his goals? Yes, yes I am.

Please don't judge me.

giphy.gif

Hide contents

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

This is god's work.