Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

1 minute ago, Munoz said:

Celtic will pull out of the running just like did with John McGinn. 

Hopefully. They are unable to find it within themselves to pay the going rate for SPFL players. They of course then moan when EPL clubs don't pay the going rate for their own *logic*

There is going to be EPL clubs bidding soon, watch this space.

2 minutes ago, Swello said:

I bet that the 2m was from Barnsley - Celtic would have offered 1.21m in 48 installments.

The Sun (I know) are reporting that the £2m offer was indeed from Barnsley and that Celtic haven't actually submitted an official offer. I'd imagine if that's concrete bids coming in then the other clubs who are apparently interested will be following those up.

Just now, capt_oats said:

The Sun (I know) are reporting that the £2m offer was indeed from Barnsley and that Celtic haven't actually submitted an official offer. I'd imagine if that's concrete bids coming in then the other clubs who are apparently interested will be following those up.

Trust the Beeb article more.  Mullen has put his name to it.  

On 06/06/2019 at 09:11, Casagolda said:

Have we ever had a striker that’s particularly good at playing the lone striker role?

Ideally you’re looking for someone who’s mobile, strong, can hold the ball up, good link up man, who can also pitch in with double figures in terms of goals. 

Not exactly easy to come by in our price range.

Rob Maaskant.

The Turnbull bid bodes well for a good price for Motherwell, being so early in the window.

Celtic messing up so badly over McGinn last summer might help drive it upwards as well, as he's now worth about five or six times what they refused to spend a year ago, so surely they'll be more determined to get Turnbull if the manager wants him, to avoid a repeat.

Barnsley obviously rate the Scottish market as offering value for money with Liam Lindsay being a success, and them also reported to be after Jason Kerr.

Just now, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Fucking hell, if we're KB'ing £2m then we must actually be pretty confident of getting £3-4m. 

I'll admit, I honestly thought the "record fee" stuff was just Burrows saying 2 million and he's yours 

Tbh, I genuinely didn't imagine we'd be seeing £2m offers before the window is even open let alone kb'ing them.

I 100% had faith in Burrows that we'd get a good deal but if that's the sort of cash on offer this early then depending on who the other mystery clubs are I can see us holding out for a while yet.

26 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

If anyone elsewhere offers £3m for Turnbull, we should automatically be telling celtic that we want more from them. As @ONeils4Oyarder said actually. If they are serious make them pay more.

Makes sense, not only because they are a direct rival, but because Celtic couldnt hope to achieve the sorts of sell-on value that clubs down south potentially could.

Like a few others, I took Burrows' previous comments as basically a "£2m and he's yours, folks" so to see this come out today - we're in the first week in June FFS! 

Looks like those at the club knows theres enough clubs serious about wanting the boy, so simply the price has gone up. 

Getting £3m and a sell-on clause will be tremendous stuff. 

Barnsley's £2m bid is £500k higher than the highest transfer fee they've ever paid... 

10 minutes ago, Desp said:

Barnsley's £2m bid is £500k higher than the highest transfer fee they've ever paid... 

They offered us £250k for Kerr and got laughed out, so should be less insulting to you lot.

Watching the old highlights has been awesome over the past few days. Brings back some great memories. If anyone can post Dougies goal against Celtic on Fergus McCann day that would be superb...

We certainly went for it in those games and had some quality players. I remember Lambert being a top player in a more advanced role but you forgot how good.

Re Turnbull it’s good to see the club being strong and Burrows most recent comments in the article shows we won’t back down. I can imagine it being closer to £4m we are looking for.

Selling to Celtic would be galling. Hopefully some clubs down south step up to the mark if we are having to sell him.

2 minutes ago, wellboy1991 said:

Watching the old highlights has been awesome over the past few days. Brings back some great memories. If anyone can post Dougies goal against Celtic on Fergus McCann day that would be superb...

We certainly went for it in those games and had some quality players. I remember Lambert being a top player in a more advanced role but you forgot how good.

Re Turnbull it’s good to see the club being strong and Burrows most recent comments in the article shows we won’t back down. I can imagine it being closer to £4m we are looking for.

Selling to Celtic would be galling. Hopefully some clubs down south step up to the mark if we are having to sell him.

Happy to help...

Like a few others, I took Burrows' previous comments as basically a "£2m and he's yours, folks" so to see this come out today - we're in the first week in June FFS! 
Looks like those at the club knows theres enough clubs serious about wanting the boy, so simply the price has gone up. 
Getting £3m and a sell-on clause will be tremendous stuff. 

The 10 clubs to enquire story probably isn’t 100% true but even if there’s a few the possibility of a bidding war is there, great news for us

Happy to help...

Cheers.

Was my first ever visit to Parkhead and can remember us having a huge crowd, the Celtic fans out in droves and silenced by wee Dougie.

Big Sieb was outstanding all game aswell.

Was brilliant stuff.

I know I wear claret and amber tinted specs, but what grates with me is that if Turnbull did what he did with us for Celtic, they would be demanding £8m plus.

If anything the fact he was top goal scorer in 2019 as 19 yr old midfielder playing for unfashionable and lowly Motherwell should put a healthy premium.

No less than £4m plus add ons or fkin do one. 

I know the club would not want this, but let him stay for next season and if he continue like this season we will hit the motherload. 

Edited by welldaft

I'm sure you're all stunned to hear, just hours after it's being reported Motherwell rejected an offer from Celtic, that one of his "close friends" has told the Daily Record hes desperate to join Celtic :lol:

Next step is the old "former Celtic players bigging up the move all weekend"/"make exact same offer on Monday" double whammy.