Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Just now, welldaft said:

Stunned right enough. 

I hope Burnley or Southampton pip him from Celtic to watch the seethe among their fans. Glorious. 

Dont worry, they probably dont want him anyway...

Guest Moomintroll
I'm sure you're all stunned to hear, just hours after it's being reported Motherwell rejected an offer from Celtic, that one of his "close friends" has told the Daily Record hes desperate to join Celtic [emoji38]
Next step is the old "former Celtic players bigging up the move all weekend"/"make exact same offer on Monday" double whammy.
Contract runs until 2022, stay strong 'Well or sell him for less to a team down South just for the principle of the thing.

I'm sure you're all stunned to hear, just hours after it's being reported Motherwell rejected an offer from Celtic, that one of his "close friends" has told the Daily Record hes desperate to join Celtic [emoji38]
Next step is the old "former Celtic players bigging up the move all weekend"/"make exact same offer on Monday" double whammy.
Fucking hilarious isnt it.
Its as if the Daily Record are getting agent fees.

Happy to help...

That's great cheers [emoji3]
We had about 3000 fans. I remember going straight back for a stag night after it and we'd brought a few guys along from that who weren't 'Well fans who loved it.

They spent the whole game putting big diagonal balls into the box that were food and drink to big Sieb. The highlight being the one where he struggled to stay in his box with the ball- glad to see it included in the highlights to confirm a 25 year old memory is correct for once!

1 minute ago, Archie McSquackle said:

That's great cheers emoji3.png
We had about 3000 fans. I remember going straight back for a stag night after it and we'd brought a few guys along from that who weren't 'Well fans who loved it.

They spent the whole game putting big diagonal balls into the box that were food and drink to big Sieb. The highlight being the one where he struggled to stay in his box with the ball- glad to see it included in the highlights to confirm a 25 year old memory is correct for once!

The chorus of "Sack the Board" after we took the lead was great fun - great seethe from the Celtic support who somehow believed their pish team was suddenly better than us because McCann had taken over that week :)

12 minutes ago, Mr. Brightside said:

We shouldn't be selling him to Celtic, no matter what they offer.

Chris Sutton in the papers today saying Turnbull wouldnt start for them so they dont need him anyway, so it sounds like they've shat out paying the money you want.

24 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Chris Sutton in the papers today saying Turnbull wouldnt start for them so they dont need him anyway, so it sounds like they've shat out paying the money you want.

I don’t really have problem with what Sutton says, I would like him to go somewhere like Germany but I suspect his future is down South..

Edited by ropy

14 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

When Armstrong went to Celtic it was about £1.7 million played more games similar player.

When Armstrong went to Celtic you were selling your best players for about £10m. 

Nowadays, Dembele is not long away for a bawhair off £20m. 

Times change.  Prices change. 

Edited by Desp

6 minutes ago, Desp said:

When Armstrong went to Celtic you were selling your best players for about £10m. 

Nowadays, Dembele is not long away for a bawhair off £20m. 

Times change.  Prices change. 

He is only coming up for 20 Celtic would be buying potential, if he went to England he could get swallowed up.
For me he needs to stay in Scotland for at least another season.
£2.5 with add-ons is decent dosh.

16 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

He is only coming up for 20 Celtic would be buying potential, if he went to England he could get swallowed up.

£2.5m with add-ons is decent dosh, you are absolutely correct. 

However, if there are clubs prepared to pay more than that, why should we settle for decent? 

Edited by Desp

22 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

If he needs to stay in Scotland why wouldn’t he stay at Motherwell, £3M in years time works for me too.