Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

What were the thoughts on Jamie Semple’s performance yesterday?

The guy sitting behind me and had decided ‘he’ll no do’ after around four minutes, though I thought he adapted to playing out of his usual role well.

He was forced to come deep on a number of occasions, any time I’d seen him play before he was deployed in a much more attacking role.

I think he’s class tbh. His awareness & maturity on the ball for someone so young is impressive.

Not quite DT levels but I think there is a right good player in Semple. Cracking passer of the ball.

38 minutes ago, Swello said:

I must admit - when I read/her the word "snowflake", I judge. A couple of interesting bits and pieces in there though...

Aye it's a bit of a red flag. If he starts blaming SJWs and cultural Marxists for our defeats I'll really start to worry.

1 hour ago, Swello said:

I must admit - when I read/her the word "snowflake", I judge. A couple of interesting bits and pieces in there though...

Not surprising from Robinson considering the previous allegations of his bullying of youth players.  Easier for him to call his targets snowflakes.

Edited by Jim McLean's Ghost

Just now, Doctor Manhattan said:

I don't know, you've always got a chance, even away to East Fife.

Motherwell, on the other hand, will rip these Jambo c***s a new one.

We didn't draw East Fife, that would involve us actually getting a decent draw in a Cup game against a side from the lower reaches of Scottish football.

We drew Hearts at home, our usual Premiership side in a domestic Cup and we absolutely WILL lose to them. I'll be putting my tank on it.

1 minute ago, MJC said:

We didn't draw East Fife, that would involve us actually getting a decent draw in a Cup game against a side from the lower reaches of Scottish football.

We drew Hearts at home, our usual Premiership side in a domestic Cup and we absolutely WILL lose to them. I'll be putting my tank on it.

Would you you put posting in here on it?  

Please agree to that bet MJC

It was not the draw we wanted but in some ways would prefer them to Dundee or Hamilton. Not East Fife, Forfar or Morton however. 

But it may be best as we will be tagged as slight underdogs on the day. 

Naismith is their talisman so not sure what the script is with him, but hope he is not in their team on the day. Moaning faced wee ****** but they play better with him in the team. 

Between this game or Dundee v Aberdeen for live TV I would expect unless they do there usual and go for East Fife v Rangers. 

Not the draw I wanted, but the draw I expected. Maybe we will get better luck the quarter final draw. 

1 minute ago, welldaft said:

Please agree to that bet MJC

It was not the draw we wanted but in some ways would prefer them to Dundee or Hamilton. Not East Fife, Forfar or Morton however. 

But it may be best as we will be tagged as slight underdogs on the day. 

Naismith is their talisman so not sure what the script is with him, but hope he is not in their team on the day. Moaning faced wee ****** but they play better with him in the team. 

Between this game or Dundee v Aberdeen for live TV I would expect unless they do there usual and go for East Fife v Rangers. 

Not the draw I wanted, but the draw I expected. Maybe we will get better luck the quarter final draw. 

It's just so fucking frustrating.

Since 2016 when the format changed we have been in seven knockout draws for the League Cup and in every single fucking one of them we have drawn a Premiership side. Celtic (A), Ross County (A), Aberdeen (H), Rangers (N), Livingston (A), Hearts (A) and now fucking Hearts again(H). We've not fared much better in the Scottish Cup in that time either. Just what is the chances of that? We get no luck whatsoever in Cups!

I am fucking pig sick with that draw.

I agree MJC 

Whilst not at all surprising it is a major p1sser. 

That said it is at home and Hearts are not yet playing their best football. 

Probably moved for TV as well which means Friday night or Saturday at 12 noon 

5 minutes ago, MJC said:

It's just so fucking frustrating.

Since 2016 when the format changed we have been in seven knockout draws for the League Cup and in every single fucking one of them we have drawn a Premiership side. Celtic (A), Ross County (A), Aberdeen (H), Rangers (N), Livingston (A), Hearts (A) and now fucking Hearts again(H). We've not fared much better in the Scottish Cup in that time either. Just what is the chances of that? We get no luck whatsoever in Cups!

I am fucking pig sick with that draw.

... I'm bored so...

Spoiler

16/17 - Second Round - Unseeded - Potential top flight opponents/total - 6/8 - 75% chance

17/18 - Second Round - Seeded - 6/8 - 75% chance

- Quarters - 6/7 - 86% chance

- Semis - 3/3 - 100% chance

- Final - 1/1 - 100% chance

18/19 - Second Round - Unseeded - 6/8 - 75% chance

- Quarters - 6/7 - 86% chance

19/20 - Second Round - Seeded - 2/8 - 25% chance

So in total its (36/50) a 72% chance of it happening.

Before your draw today it was (34/42) a 81% chance.

Bring the fuckers on, we might have no luck with the draws but hey we’ve made it to finals with those draws.

I’m liking the looks of this team and unlike Hearts we have managed to beat what was put in front of us. It’s at Fir Park so I fancy our chances!