Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

56 minutes ago, Casagolda said:

Another thing that struck me yesterday was just how strong our bench looked. 

That’s without Turnbull, Sloth, Dunne, Ilic, Semple and Manzinga. So even if/when things go tits up which they invariably will at some point, there’s plenty of scope there for Robinson to shake things up. 

A far cry from his first season in charge where Deimantas Petravicius was considered a genuine option off the bench. 

I miss Fraser Kerr coming on to play down the wing 

25 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:
1 hour ago, 18May1991 said:
Or going back a bit further ...... Andy Roddie. Good times. 

Roddie was at least supposed to be a winger. I don't think the management team could work out the best position to play Kerr until they eventually realised it was better not to play him at all.

To be fair, at least Kerr got fucking wired in to Moshni during the post-playoff entertainment - Andy Roddie wore gloves.

0.3.jpg

1 hour ago, underboyleheating said:

He only joined in May! Do we get a Darren O'Fee for him or is his contract just ripped up?

The link with him moving was first mentioned a while back (August 13th). It sounds to me like he's handed in/worked his notice or he's stayed on in the position until we've recruited his replacement. Which is fair enough.

He's been offered the same role with (presumably) better pay and facilities at another employer. We've already appointed his successor according to the PR that went out earlier so other than a bit of inconvenience I doubt there's any issue and it'd be wildly optimistic to expect a fee or some sort of compensation.

"His successor has been appointed and will be announced shortly."

Given Craigan left in December, McManus in January and O'Dea after a couple of months it'll be interesting to see who's got the job.

Edited by capt_oats

2 hours ago, Archie McSquackle said:
4 hours ago, capt_oats said:
Given Craigan left in December, McManus in January and O'Dea after a couple of months it'll be interesting to see who's got the job.

Getting someone in who didn't play for Celtic might improve the chances of them staying more than a few months.

David Turnbull?

I see there’s a bit of chat on BBC Gossip this morning that Steve Clarke has been down watching Chris Cadden as a potential solution to Scotland’s right back issue.

Without having seen/heard anything about his performances at Oxford, I have a feeling he is not the solution.

It actually came up on my LinkedIn feed today that Elliott Frear had posted a highlights video up there, looking for a club either at home or abroad.

Although I don't feel we've suffered at all for losing him, I think he'd have Ilic's seat on the bench at best, it's still sad to see a guy who was a decent servant for us struggling for a club. Trials at Dundee United and Oxford didn't work out by the looks of things.

I wonder if there ever was any danger of us re-signing him when he turned up at that Gretna game.