Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Most of us are aware how much better the pitch has become over the last couple of years - this article in the Herald about our head groundsman explains some of it. He comes over very well in the interview IMO, quite outspoken. I had never heard of pitch protection rules that are meant to be followed in pre-match warmups - the implication in the piece is that some away clubs aren't following them at our place...

There's a few roasters on here as well of the Motherwell persuasion, admittedly not anywhere near Steelmenonline levels, but there's still the odd one or two who are more interested in picking daft wee arguments over absolutely nothing than discussing Motherwell FC. Unfortunately our support has its fair share of this type and all you need to do is sit in the centre section of the East stand or virtually anywhere in the Cooper to realise this.

To be fair MJC i think theres probably fans like that at all clubs as well, just one of those things really but the majority of the time i feel you can have a good quality debate, we all have differing opinions or sometimes the same ones but its good to see things from different view points i reckon.   I sit in the Phil O'Donnell stand so I wouldn't know what folk are like in other stands lol.

Edited by Del_Superwell

I don't doubt that to be honest and that's why I always ridicule other 'Well fans when they claim that our support is the worst in the country for getting on players backs, picking fights amongst themselves etc. It's not a Motherwell thing, it's more a football thing, especially the getting on players backs bit anyway. The infighting and squabbling I would say is more of a Scottish thing, as let's face it, Scotland is a fairly angry and petty wee country at the best of times so it's only natural that some of that seeps into football in the same way as it does with...just about everything else. :rolleyes:

Rangers at Fir Park for the first game as well, thats fir park getting trashed sadly.

I think the security and police presence for this one will be off the scale so I don't see any repeat of last May's pitch invasion or any serious bother.

Be interesting to see the club's take on this.  Will they give them the full South Stand allocation?  They should be nowhere near the POD stand after the last time.  I'd be restricting them to the lower tier of the South only, 2400 tickets.  I suppose finances may dictate otherwise.  Blue Pound 'n' all...

It was great at the playoff game to be in the majority at Fir Park.  Something I don't think I've experienced before. 

Annan will be one to enjoy.  One to tick off the list of grounds visited if I can get a ticket. 

Be interesting to see the club's take on this. Will they give them the full South Stand allocation? They should be nowhere near the POD stand after the last time. I'd be restricting them to the lower tier of the South only, 2400 tickets. I suppose finances may dictate otherwise. Blue Pound 'n' all...

It was great at the playoff game to be in the majority at Fir Park. Something I don't think I've experienced before.

Ideally that's exactly what should happen. It's our home game and we should be looking to get as many advantages as possible and the more of us and less of them the better. However I suspect we'll give them the entire South for this one.

Be interesting to see the club's take on this. Will they give them the full South Stand allocation? They should be nowhere near the POD stand after the last time. I'd be restricting them to the lower tier of the South only, 2400 tickets. I suppose finances may dictate otherwise. Blue Pound 'n' all...

They'll get the South stand, Celtic will also get some of the PoD, and Victim FC (blue version) will go into 'see, everyone hates us' overdrive.

See when we used to get crammed in next to the fence at Fir Park and the OF used to get the rest of the ground, that was horrible.

It's a piece of piss going to a match now compared to then.

MJC will be absolutely torn on who to cheer on in the cup game.

Really? I'd have thought that given that I'm a Rangers/Sevco fan, according to you and the other moon howlers on here that I'd naturally be cheering on Rangers? But now I'll be torn between them and Motherwell?

Make yer bloody minds up :)