Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

BBC Humberside has us as the likely destination for Grimsby Town's right back Richard Tait. We definitely need a right back regardless of whether or not we're moving Josh Law on. https://twitter.com/humbersidesport/status/743322322803666944

If it's true then you have yourself a good player there. Don't think the step up will be too much for him, he looked like a league one player most of last season. Very disappointed he won't be with the Mariners next season.

See the wee shites on Twitter who are constantly badgering the official account and/or Flow, they do my nut in.

"Any signing news coming up?  Who are we going after?"  AS IF THEY'RE GOING TO TELL YOU YA WEE FANNY.  f**k OFF!

"When's the new strip getting announced?"  IT'LL BE OUT WHEN IT'S FUCKING OUT.  YOU BADGERING EVERY DAY IS NOT GOING TO MAKE IT ANY FASTER.  f**k OFF AGAIN!

Just thought I'd put that out there...

See the wee shites on Twitter who are constantly badgering the official account and/or Flow, they do my nut in.

"Any signing news coming up?  Who are we going after?"  AS IF THEY'RE GOING TO TELL YOU YA WEE FANNY.  f**k OFF!

"When's the new strip getting announced?"  IT'LL BE OUT WHEN IT'S FUCKING OUT.  YOU BADGERING EVERY DAY IS NOT GOING TO MAKE IT ANY FASTER.  f**k OFF AGAIN!

^^^^^^ This. I genuinely can't believe the patience Flow has with them.

:lol:

Who was it we missed out on to Hearts after the rumour came out that he was at Fir Park for signing talks?

I much prefer we do our business privately in any case, although the constant signing confirmations under Baraclough (regardless of how pish the majority ended up being) were absolutely marvellous!

Was it the last transfer window the media team wound up the boy sitting outside in the car on transfer deadline day by pretending to go through some fitness stuff outside the POD stand?

If you take anything seriously off Steelmen online, they tell us apparently on twitter we are strongly to a striker name Jacob Blyth who has been at Leicester but been loaned out a few times.

It's come from a tweet that went up about an hour ago. There's no other real mention of it on Twitter, unlike your man Tait which is pretty well covered (and is a player who Alan Burrows seems to have been following on Twitter for ages). It's really only from this one guy: https://twitter.com/SmithJournalist/status/743521806473113600

Edited by capt_oats

I'm not really understanding the upset over the fixture list.  It wasn't difficult to predict.

We played Aberdeen at home twice last season, pre-split.  We therefore play them once at home, pre-split this season.

We played Celtic at home twice last season, pre-split.  We therefore play them once at home, pre-split this season.

We played Kilmarnock at home twice last season, pre-split.  We therefore play them once at home, pre-split this season.

We played Ross County at home twice last season, pre-split.  We therefore play them once at home, pre-split this season.

We played Partick Thistle at home twice last season, pre-split.  We therefore play them once at home, pre-split this season.

We played Dundee Utd at home twice last season, pre-split.  We therefore play Rangers (who took Dundee Utd's place in the league) once at home, pre-split this season.

Turn it around for the other six teams.

It's not really difficult to work out, is it?  I can't believe Rangers haven't kicked a baw in the league yet and people are wanting the fixtures tampered with so we can have two against Celtic and one against Rangers at home (or vice versa).

"Commercially unfair" one bawbag put it down as.  They may have their critics, but I'm sure those on the board are competent enough to reliase this outcome was, at the very least, possible and, most likely, probable.  Budgets would then have been set against it.

One interesting point I did note on SO, was one guy who brought up the increase in ST prices, due to "Increase in Category 1 games".  I wonder if a wee gesture to the ST holders will be forthcoming, considering there really isn't any increase (assuming they class Category 1 this season as Celtic, Aberdeen, Hearts & Rangers?)

Having now been made aware of our COO's comments this morning, I may have been incorrect about our board.

Unbelievable, if so.  I'm normally a big fan of Alan Burrows at the work he's done, but IMO, he's made a huge error this morning with his OF fixtures comments.  Putting Rangers and Celtic on a pedastal above all others team, when one of them sure as f**k doesn't deserve to be up there, is very very wrong. 

As far as I know, every team who visits Fir Park has an away allocation of 4800, at least.  It's not the fault of Rangers and Celtic fans that most other clubs don't sell that allocation. 

Sporting disadvantage?  Do me a favour...

Agree with Desp above. I've a lot of time for Alan Burrows but while I understand the points he's trying to make and that in making them they were/are intended as a robust defence of MFC's interests on further reflection his comments seem ill advised. They seem more like a knee-jerk reaction because they've not reverted to "how things were done before" which for a fairly progressive COO is a bit naive. If things didn't work out the way you had assumed they would then don't draw attention to your misjudgement publicly.

That said it's by no means the worst thing in the world and it's not particularly damaging it's just that hanging the argument round the financial/sporting disadvantage line seems a bit weak.

Edited by capt_oats

I see Rangers fans are saying it's all about them again. That statement wasnie the best to be fair.

Anyway, I hope we pump them on the 16th.

I see the sun newspaper, a worthless rag i wouldnt give the time of day to at the best of times is reporting Ainsworth is to leave us and Killie and Ross County are favourites to sign him.  The funny thing is i dont think we would sell him to another scottish club anyway.

I see the sun newspaper, a worthless rag i wouldnt give the time of day to at the best of times is reporting Ainsworth is to leave us and Killie and Ross County are favourites to sign him. The funny thing is i dont think we would sell him to another scottish club anyway.

Saw that. Given the Plymouth rumours from a while back I'd think we're definitely looking to move him on and get him off the wage bill.

Agree that it'd be surprising if me sold him to a team that'd be considered a direct rival but I suppose it's dictated by which teams are interested. There is absolutely no point in keeping a high earner sat on the bench.

Out of curiosity who was the last player we had under contract that we sold to a direct rival/team in the same league?