Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

On Turnbull, I reckon there's probably an argument to be made it's not in his interests to move this window. Surely he'll be getting much better a) choice of teams and b) wages on offer if he proves his form/fitness between now and January than if he boosts now?

Edited by YassinMoutaouakil

7 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

On Turnbull, I reckon there's probably an argument to be made it's not in his interests to move this window. Surely he'll be getting much better a) choice of teams and b) wages on offer if he proves his form/fitness between now and January than if he boosts now?

IMO, he's kind of lucked out with the whole 'rona situation.

The league kicks off August 1st, in any normal season that would mean the window would be shutting a month later. This season it's October so we'll potentially be 10 games deep by the time the window 'slams' shut. You'd have thought that would be more than enough time for him to address any doubts about his knee.

Either way it should give anyone who's potentially interested a bit longer to get a look at him if they're after him for this window.

49 minutes ago, Casagolda said:

:lol:

Aye, the boy comes across as a bit of a fud. 

I doubt there’s anything in it. Just seemed a bit of a random name for him to pluck out of nowhere.

In all honesty I wouldn't be surprised if there was something in it - to a degree. Although, Huddersfield's statement said "The Club are not seeking applications for the vacant position" after they emptied the Cowleys, which suggests they had/have someone lined up. I suppose they'd need a back-up in case that fell on its arse.

As @santheman says we should probably get used to it as every mid-table Championship job that comes up is going to have Robinson's Mr. 20% linking his name to it.

Edited by capt_oats

3 hours ago, steelmen said:

Can’t believe I am saying this but how good is the groundsmans video on twitter???

Damn it, I wish my lawn looked half one tenth as good as our playing surface.  An outstanding job.

Looking forward to tomorrow night (to see football, suspect the scoreline will be the usual disappointment that will need sweeping under the rug).   Is there any news about the MFC TV, will my subscription let me see it (as presumably it's using that platform for broadcasting to season ticket holders)

42 minutes ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

Damn it, I wish my lawn looked half one tenth as good as our playing surface.  An outstanding job.

Looking forward to tomorrow night (to see football, suspect the scoreline will be the usual disappointment that will need sweeping under the rug).   Is there any news about the MFC TV, will my subscription let me see it (as presumably it's using that platform for broadcasting to season ticket holders)

Allegedly codes for MFC TV are being sent out to season ticket holders tonight, according to a tweet from Grant Russell yesterday.

Classic Motherwell giving ourselves a big window to sort teething problems out. I understand that it's probably supplier-driven, but it wouldn't have hurt to send an e-mail out or a statement on the website, rather than people being in the dark with 24 hours to go.

Edited by crazylegsjoe_mfc

I see that's the Reserves squad list been refreshed on the Official.

By my count that's Robbie Hemfrey, Jack Brown, Adam Kettings and Cole Starrs away.

Brown was announced by Albion Rovers last month and Starrs had been on the PFA Scotland available list for a while.

GK: PJ Morrison, Matty Connelly
DF: David Devine, Yusuf Hussain, Sam Muir, Matthew McDonald, Cammy Williamson
MF: Jamie Semple, Dean Cornelius, Paul Hale, Lewis Robertson
FW: Harry Robinson, Ross MacIver, Findlay Cook

Oh...and it looks like Mo Ross has been promoted to First Team coach there's no Staff listed on the Reserves page now.

Edited by capt_oats

2 minutes ago, crazylegsjoe_mfc said:

Allegedly codes for MFC TV are being sent out to season ticket holders tonight, according to a tweet from Grant Russell yesterday.

Classic Motherwell giving ourselves a big window to sort teething problems out. I understand that it's probably supplier-driven, but it wouldn't have hurt to send an e-mail out or a statement on the website, rather than people being in the dark with 24 hours to go.

Yes I did have a bit of a glitchy experience when I first subbed, but the support person was as helpful as you could hope for.

8 hours ago, steelmen said:

Can’t believe I am saying this but how good is the groundsmans video on twitter???

We really need to some real football to watch.

Cracking wee video that, and the pitch is an absolute credit to the groundstaff....its that good that I've seen some jealous rivals claim the pics are photoshopped

Just incase anyone is not yet aware, the instructions for season ticket holders to access the lives streams are now up.

https://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/2020/07/21/season-ticket-holder-live-stream-information/

Here is the text incase you cant access the website.

HOW TO SIGN IN TO WATCH

We want to make it easy to get started. So here’s what you have to do.

First, head to live.motherwellfc.co.uk.

Then press sign in in the top right corner and enter your details using the following example:

Username: firstname-surname-clientcode
Password: clientcode

For example, Joe Bloggs’ client code on his season ticket is 24141.

He would sign in as joe-bloggs-24141
His password would be 24141

Please change your password after you sign in for the first time.

Your client code is displayed on your season card. If you don’t know it, please call 01698 333333 between 9am and 5pm, email tickets@motherwellfc.co.uk or send a private message to @MotherwellFC on Twitter.

If you have more than one season ticket in your family, you will each have your own login details. You may only receive one email if you share an email address on our system.

If you have two first names on your season card, for example your name is Peter John Morrison, then please put a space between your first names in your username.

This includes the friendly tomorrow with Rangers at 6pm.

We are now sponsored by Glen’s Vodka on the back of our strip. It wasn’t announced on the socials but is on the website.

ETA it is now on the socials. I haven’t drunk Glen’s since I stole it from the parent’s drink cabinet back in the teenage years.

43 minutes ago, Gianfranco said:

We are now sponsored by Glen’s Vodka on the back of our strip. It wasn’t announced on the socials but is on the website.

ETA it is now on the socials. I haven’t drunk Glen’s since I stole it from the parent’s drink cabinet back in the teenage years.

I wonder what happened to Paycare ? I am quite sure they renewed the back of the shirt sponsorship only a month or so ago. 
I also saw a LinkedIn post a week or two ago actively advertising our shirt sponsorship so I would assume we are still looking. Cannot imagine it will be easy especially in light of Covid19 impact on most businesses ! 

36 minutes ago, welldaft said:

I wonder what happened to Paycare ? I am quite sure they renewed the back of the shirt sponsorship only a month or so ago. 
I also saw a LinkedIn post a week or two ago actively advertising our shirt sponsorship so I would assume we are still looking. Cannot imagine it will be easy especially in light of Covid19 impact on most businesses ! 

Paycare on the shorts

Edit : in 2018

Edited by ropy

I honestly thought there was legislation in place prohibiting advertising alcohol on fitba shirts. Every day's a school day.

Enjoying the replies in the MFC Twitter mentions from folk who think Paddy Power are still sponsoring us because there's no sponsor on the front of the shirts. Bless.

2 hours ago, welldaft said:

Paycare were announced as having renewed as BOS sponsor June 19th. Their placement is at the bottom of the shirt. The Glen's branding is across the shoulder.

Paycare will adorn the bottom of our jersey for another year.

Link

Edited by capt_oats