Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

54 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:
1 hour ago, Bigaldo said:
Hi don't know if this has been clarified, but to watch games do we pay the home team or pay Motherwell. With our game at Ross County to watch it we pay what ever price they decide and when we play at Fir Park we pay£12?

The Ross County game is on Sky and I think that's the only place to watch it. For the rest of the games I think you would need to sign up individually to each club's streaming platform.

Cool if the game is on sky I can watch it free on YouTube with that did commentating and getting donations for "charity"  Mon the well

1 hour ago, Ron Aldo said:
1 hour ago, Bigaldo said:
Hi don't know if this has been clarified, but to watch games do we pay the home team or pay Motherwell. With our game at Ross County to watch it we pay what ever price they decide and when we play at Fir Park we pay£12?

The Ross County game is on Sky and I think that's the only place to watch it. For the rest of the games I think you would need to sign up individually to each club's streaming platform.

Nice of you to help your father Big, Ron.

Am I right in saying we have Long, Watt, White, Lang, Hastie, Hylton, Seedorf and MacIver for three positions up front? That's mental. Surely we'll be active trying to get a couple of them out the door? 

On the back of a global pandemic and financial meltdown all over the place, we're chucking money about like confetti and planning to the play like the Harlem Globetrotters.  Love you Motherwell! 

3 minutes ago, Desp said:

Am I right in saying we have Long, Watt, White, Lang, Hastie, Hylton, Seedorf and MacIver for three positions up front? That's mental. Surely we'll be active trying to get a couple of them out the door? 

On the back of a global pandemic and financial meltdown all over the place, we're chucking money about like confetti and planning to the play like the Harlem Globetrotters.  Love you Motherwell! 

Robinson as well.

1490971254_ScreenShot2020-07-31at09_21_51.png.d37d2348143428222802233f057c86e1.png

Here's our full squad btw:

1. Trevor Carson (2022)
2. Liam Grimshaw (2022)
3. Jake Carroll (2021)
4. Ricki Lamie (2022)
5. Nathan McGinley (2022)
6. Allan Campbell (2021)
7. Mark O'Hara (2022)
8. David Turnbull (2022)
9. Jordan White (2022)
11. Jake Hastie (season loan - 2021)
12. Scott Fox (2021)
14. Jermaine Hylton (2021)
15. Barry Maguire (2022)
16. Bevis Mugabi (2021)
17. Sherwin Seedorf (2021)
18. Charles Dunne (January 2021)
19. Liam Polworth (2021)
20. Jamie Semple (2021)
21. Harry Robinson (TBC)
22. Liam Donnelly (2022)
23. PJ Morrison (TBC)
24. David Devine (2021)
25. Ross MacIver (2021)
26. Dean Cornelius (2021)
27. Max Johnston (TBC)
28. Yusuf Hussain (TBC)
29. Callum Lang (season loan - 2021)
31. Declan Gallagher (2021)
32. Tony Watt (2021)
35. Sam Muir (2021)
36. Matthew McDonald (2021)
38. Cammy Williamson (2021)
39. Findlay Cook (2021)
40. Paul Hale (2021)
42. Lewis Robertson (2021)
43. Matthew Connelly (2021)
99. Christopher Long (2021)

(Lifted from the official site First Team / Reserves - I've added Max Johnston in as he's been involved in the bounce games with #27) 

When Robinson gets a signing wrong, he's usually very good at realising the error of his ways and punting them sharpish, even if they are under contract. I'm guessing in a summer of budget cuts, wage deferrals etc, that might be a bit harder, but I would think given our depth both at centre-back and in the front three, given how little they have seemed to feature during pre-season, he must be trying to work an exit for Seedorf and Mugabi.

If it was up to me, I'd be trying to get MacIver and Semple out on loan so they don't stagnate with lack of gametime. 

Not quite sure where Barry Maguire will get any game time this season. You'd think O'Hara and Donnelly would both need to be out for him to get a sniff in the DM role.

13 minutes ago, crazylegsjoe_mfc said:

When Robinson gets a signing wrong, he's usually very good at realising the error of his ways and punting them sharpish, even if they are under contract. I'm guessing in a summer of budget cuts, wage deferrals etc, that might be a bit harder, but I would think given our depth both at centre-back and in the front three, given how little they have seemed to feature during pre-season, he must be trying to work an exit for Seedorf and Mugabi.

If it was up to me, I'd be trying to get MacIver and Semple out on loan so they don't stagnate with lack of gametime. 

Not quite sure where Barry Maguire will get any game time this season. You'd think O'Hara and Donnelly would both need to be out for him to get a sniff in the DM role.

Yes he will be lucky to get even close, same up front where in reality I think five players are fighting it out for the three spaces. Hastie,  Lang,  Long, Watt, Hylton.

1 hour ago, Desp said:

Outside left - Inside Left - Centre Forward - Inside Right - Outside Right

Left Half - Centre Half - Right Half

Left Back - Right Back
GK

Clearly what we are doing.

9 minutes ago, Dosser-fae-the-shire said:

Anyone know why Flow had to attend that court case in the first place? Can’t see why he would need to be there.

I did wonder that myself. I am only assuming he is the guy who confirms the footage is from the club or something as the polis would the ones reviewing it surely?

1 hour ago, crazylegsjoe_mfc said:

I'm less convinced about Mugabi being someone we might try and move on at the moment - Dunne's still rehab-ing, Carroll's the same so that puts one of McGinley or Lamie at left back. In terms of right sided centre backs it's Gallagher and Mugabi - unless we chuck in David Devine or drop Donnelly in there which hasn't really worked pre-season.

I thought as soon as Hastie signed then one of Hylton or Seedorf's cards were marked. Adding Long and Lang puts both miles from the first team.

As far as MacIver and Semple go I suppose it depends on how the 9 man bench, 5 subs change affects our thinking. It's worth mentioning that the loan rules have changed for this season.

Lets say our starting XI is: Carson; Grimshaw, Gallagher, Lamie, McGinley; Campbell, Donnelly, Turnbull; Lang, Long, Hastie...

That still gives us 9 from these: Fox, Morrison; Mugabi; Maguire, Polworth, Semple; White, Hylton, Seedorf, Robinson, MacIver, Watt (Carroll - injured, Dunne - injured) plus Devine, Hussain and Cornelius from the reserves list.

Edited by capt_oats

25 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

I'm less convinced about Mugabi being someone we might try and move on at the moment - Dunne's still rehab-ing, Carroll's the same so that puts one of McGinley or Lamie at left back. In terms of right sided centre backs it's Gallagher and Mugabi - unless we chuck in David Devine or drop Donnelly in there which hasn't really worked pre-season.

I thought as soon as Hastie signed then one of Hylton or Seedorf's cards were marked. Adding Long and Lang puts both miles from the first team.

As far as MacIver and Semple go I suppose it depends on how the 9 man bench, 5 subs change affects our thinking. It's worth mentioning that the loan rules have changed for this season.

For me, the fact that we have used Donnelly there so frequently in pre-season was what suggested Mugabi's cards were marked and without being massively harsh, I'd like to think if we were that bad at the back for injuries, we'd give Devine or Hussein a go.

I still think Hylton did have something to offer last season without being spectacular, if he's going to be the level of our backup this season then I'm very much good with that. Seedorf was ineffectual apart from his two screamers in August. Trying to gauge favour from pre-season can sometimes be tough, but it looks like even Robinson his ahead of him now.

As for MacIver and Semple, I'd sooner see them develop out somewhere else until Christmas, rather than them taking two empty seats on a bench they're unlikely to get on from.