Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

16 minutes ago, dezz said:

As much as I’d love him to stay, he’s more than earned his chance to go make some cash for himself. I also doubt the level of any offers we’d get now or in January would be worth considering when balanced against the likely training compensation and his worth/influence to the team over the season

One of life’s mysteries. When you see English teams spunk millions on bang average players. 

I know we are biased but if no-one comes in with a bid before deadline it will be baffling. 

FWIW I would like to see him stay for this season especially so if he signs a contract extension. 

If he signs a one-year deal then as much as it will be good to have another year of him in the team, that's us effectively signing away our rights to any revenue/compensation. If we are thinking of profiting out of him, then it would need to be at least a two-year deal and sadly I really can't see that happening.

1 hour ago, Lobby Dossar said:

He will be a Stoke player before xfer window closes 

Had heard of two Championship clubs who had serious interest in him. Stoke were one of those two. 

You'd certainly think he'd get a great recommendation considering Stephen Robinson's good friend is Stoke boss Michael O'Neill...

2 hours ago, crazylegsjoe_mfc said:

Louis Moult too.

Texaco Cup victory back in the day.

Stoke team stayed in the Garrion Hotel and actually walked up to FP. Distinctly remember as a teenager walking to the ground behind the legendary goalkeeper Gordon Banks.

Memories.

Allan Campbell has already given it the "just concentrating on playing" chat players give when they are leaving.

Grant Russell says he's not even sure the stream will work as the Israelis are fucking them about.

10 hours ago, Desp said:

4/1 for a Motherwell victory tomorrow night.  Anyone optimistic about our chances? 

I have absolutely no idea tbh. I mind feeling like we had a chance against Steaua Bucharest until Bogdan Stancu started firing them in to the top corner from about 35 yards.

10 hours ago, Desp said:

4/1 for a Motherwell victory tomorrow night.  Anyone optimistic about our chances? 

Trying to keep most responses on the P&B Euro thread but.....

We have a chance. Just like Glentoran and Coleraine had a chance against us.

However I feel on the balance of probability the fact the game is away and in very warm weather will only add to the expectation that this will be our final round in Europe League. Desperately hope I am wrong but we probably need so many factors to align - such as A fair and strong referee, us to have all players playing at maximum capability and them to have an off day. Our shots to go in and theirs to hit the woodwork or miss. 

They are not the team they were a few years back as they have cut back on wages. That said they still pay a lot more than we do and have players that have played for Porto and Ajax with a couple of very decent players like Josue. 

It would be good if we can hold them at bay for a decent period. My fear in these games like some in the past is that within 15 minutes someone has pinged in a 30 yarder into the top bin and it is uphill from there. 

I would say 70/30 chance of progression.

11 hours ago, Desp said:

I saw on all 3/4 of the "Motherwell Fans" facebook holocausts that some guy has pumped £270 on us.

1 hour ago, well fan for life said:

I have absolutely no idea tbh. I mind feeling like we had a chance against Steaua Bucharest until Bogdan Stancu started firing them in to the top corner from about 35 yards.

FM Legend.

I saw an analysis on the bookies odds available a few days ago, and it said something along the lines of "the odds suggest a 14% chance of progression, teams actually win 1% of the time"

Cheerful stuff, that!

I think the odds on us have shortened since the Aberdeen result though.  Both at the bookies, and in my head.  Not likely to put any cash on us though.  

Edited by RostokMcSpoons

25 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

100%. Guy was an absolute goal machine for me for season after season. 

Maybe one for the gaming forum but I always feel weird when I see an FM legend in the flesh like that. He wasn't a Zlatan or any other superstar but he was good enough to play at decent levels in his career and seeing him rifle that into the top bag from the middle of the park brought on "I fucking knew he was class cos of FM" feelings.

Sounds fucking stupid but it is what it is. 

Maybe one for the gaming forum but I always feel weird when I see an FM legend in the flesh like that. He wasn't a Zlatan or any other superstar but he was good enough to play at decent levels in his career and seeing him rifle that into the top bag from the middle of the park brought on "I fucking knew he was class cos of FM" feelings.

Sounds fucking stupid but it is what it is. 
Just Googled Stancu to see where he is now. Currently at Genclerbirligi and would have played up front last season with none other than Nadir Ciftci.