Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

1 hour ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Fucking hell. As awful as we've been this season we're two wins against teams that are probably about Aberdeen level away from the Group Stage. Some sort of perverse logic makes me think we might do it.

Hate to break it to you but H B Sheva are perhaps similar to Aberdeen on a good day but V Plzen have won 5 league titles and 4 runners up in the Czech league. That would suggest to me they are a step up from Aberdeen.  Still clearly a much better draw than Beşiktaş and certainly Basel. 

Edited by welldaft

12 minutes ago, welldaft said:

Hate to break it to you but H B Sheva are perhaps similar to Aberdeen on a good day but V Plzen have won 5 league titles and 4 runners up in the Czech league. That would suggest to me they are a step up from Aberdeen.  Still clearly a much better draw than Beşiktaş and certainly Basel. 

Czechs?  Scotland beat them.

1 hour ago, welldaft said:

Aye fair dues I may have underestimated them a bit there. Still though, if we somehow make it past Hapoel- doubt we will obvs- we're essentially a home cup tie against a team slightly below OF level away from the Groups. A massive opportunity.

I reckon we'll lose by at least 3 to nil in Israel so this is probably all moot but it's nice to fantasise.

1 minute ago, die hard doonhamer said:

Harry Robinson has come on loan to Queens for the season. What can we expect?

We don’t really know to be honest. Pretty sure he only joined us in January and even then it was more for the reserves than the first team. He’s had a couple of cameos in preseason as well as coming on (and giving away a daft penalty) in the Glentoran game but realistically he’s still an unknown quantity. Seems to be a decent crosser however, and appears relatively comfortable on either the left or right wing but we genuinely have no idea how good he is/will be as of yet

3 hours ago, atfccfc said:

What a brilliant signing for my wee English Team 😍. Welcome Ross 

Don’t want to rain on your parade but I spotted him and Anthony Stokes in Connelly’s (Merchant City) drinking pints a couple of weeks back and couldn’t believe the size he was. Can’t imagine he’ll be fit to play for a while yet. 

The blurb seems to confirm who's going out on loan.

“Bringing in Robbie allows us the chance to put boys out on loan, particularly Jamie Semple, Harry Robinson, Ross MacIver and Dean Cornelius.

“They can gain vital experience doing that and hopefully come back fighting for a place, as we develop the next crop of young players.”

5 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

Robbie Crawford on loan from Livingston.

Wut?

I'm usually happy to give new signings a go, but this really puzzled me. 

We'd rather take a guy who can't get a game for Livingston on loan for six months over giving the likes of Semple or Cornelius the chance to see if they can make the grade? It's a helluva shite message to send to the younger boys. 

Robinson - "He has good quality on the ball and is more game ready than some of our younger boys, who have been unable to gain vital game time with no reserve games."

f**k off. only way for our plays to get game time is for Robinson to put them on the park.

Crawford has played 30 minutes of competitive football this season and hasn't started a game in 7 months.

12 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

Robbie Crawford on loan from Livingston.

Wut?

5 minutes ago, Desp said:

I'm usually happy to give new signings a go, but this really puzzled me.

5 minutes ago, Phillips455 said:
Yeah, "what" was my thinking as well.

We don't know either tbf.

3 minutes ago, Gianfranco said:

Leftfield AF. Is Crawford not a winger?

He's a centre mid, can either play the deeper role or in behind the striker.

Surprised we haven't seen more of him this season, especially with how we've started. Hoping he does well for you, and also hoping this isn't because he'll be away permanently, good player.

^^^ perfectly set up for him to be a complete diddy now.

He's a centre mid, can either play the deeper role or in behind the striker.

Surprised we haven't seen more of him this season, especially with how we've started. Hoping he does well for you, and also hoping this isn't because he'll be away permanently, good player.
^^^ perfectly set up for him to be a complete diddy now.
You owe us one to be fair. Gallagher is obviously class but since then you've given us Lamie who is utter dung.