Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

7 minutes ago, Maximus Decimus Meridius said:

I'd have Bradley 2nd best at 147 if Pac is still in the picture, Brook and Thurman close behind, any mix of those 3 fighting each other would be great fights

Think I'd take Thurman over Bradley tbh even though he hasn't proven himself as much as Bradley has but I'm big on Thurman. Bradley's still top 3 at the moment though imo.

42 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Id have money on Crawford in the hope the bookies still have Pac up there as the machine he once was

Everybody knows he's on the slide but he still seems to have enough left to be top 2 147.  There's always the danger of him getting old overnight of course but although Crawford has a great win against Postol and a pretty good one against Matthyse I don't think he has enough experience yet for Pacquiao.

In fairness to Crawford he shouldn't be expected to take the fight just yet anyway.

Edited by Pete Rockwell

Everybody knows he's on the slide but he still seems to have enough left to be top 2 147.  There's always the danger of him getting old overnight of course but although Crawford has a great win against Postol and a pretty good one against Matthyse I don't think he has enough experience yet for Pacquiao.

In fairness to Crawford he shouldn't be expected to take the fight just yet anyway.

Would be interested to hear why you don't think he should be expected to take the fight just yet given he's a title holder and many on here have criticised AJ for supposedly ducking certain fighters due to him being a title holder.

Pacquiao vs Vargas in November. I'm not sure how you go from boxing rings round Timothy Bradley to fighting Vargas but there you go. Pacquiao 120-107 imo. It'll do poorly on PPV as well. Plenty better options out there who have been ignored (Crawford seemed like a no brainer).

I couldn't give a toss who Pacquiao fight these days he's a shadow of his former self and only getting worse with each passing day- what's the point? Fair doos a win over Bradley isn't to be sniffed at but he's not exciting to watch any more, he's not relevant to the future of the division so I don't care. He's just a cash cow and big name.

Loved him back in the day but the charade between him and Mayweather for 5 years just put me off the pair of them. I was hoping they'd disappear and leave it to the young ones from now on.

I wouldn't be buying a Mayweather BA Pacquiao PPV2 either- be like watching an old firm "legends" match.

Anyone know what sort of times the Olympic boxing will be on our tellys? Looking forward to seeing 50/50 match up, the best fight he best and finding one true champion unlike in the professional game where we are served up total bollocks on a weekly basis.

Shakur Stevenson for the US looked tremendous in the WSB and other fights on YouTube- hope he does well- should be a star in the future.