Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

2 hours ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

Anyone know what sort of times the Olympic boxing will be on our tellys? Looking forward to seeing 50/50 match up, the best fight he best and finding one true champion unlike in the professional game where we are served up total bollocks on a weekly basis.

Shakur Stevenson for the US looked tremendous in the WSB and other fights on YouTube- hope he does well- should be a star in the future.

Best I can find

http://www.aiba.org/rio2016/

Would fancy Conlan to beat Stevenson 9 times out of 10. Stevenson lost twice at his own nationals can't be that good, watched him once and think he's a bit overhyped due to him being the best of a now abysmal US amateur set up

He's only 18/19 a young boy. Everyone gets beat in the amateurs. Don't think he's lost an international bout yet and he looks extremely good. I'm not saying he will Deffo win the gold but he will be one of the most exciting to watch and will have a better pro career than Conlan will.

Bellew-BJ Flores has angered me far more than it should, one of the most stacked divisions in boxing and they manage to find BJ Flores. Looks like we might have BJS against Gabe "I don't win fights but I'll bleed a lot" Rosado as well.

"British boxing is on fire"

Bellew-BJ Flores has angered me far more than it should, one of the most stacked divisions in boxing and they manage to find BJ Flores. Looks like we might have BJS against Gabe "I don't win fights but I'll bleed a lot" Rosado as well.

"British boxing is on fire"

Mind We always complained about never being able to get a decision in Germany or Italy? Eastern Europeans and German champions never leaving their home country to fight? and about them taking a string of easy defences?
We are probably the worlds worst nowadays.

49 minutes ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

Mind We always complained about never being able to get a decision in Germany or Italy? Eastern Europeans and German champions never leaving their home country to fight? and about them taking a string of easy defences?
We are probably the worlds worst nowadays.

Was thinking that myself. International boxing has been taking the piss out of the UK for a long time now for holding belts hostage I think even the Germans are probably joining in now.

As long as Ward gets through tonight as expected, I genuinely think we've got three months to hype the fight of this generation. Arguably the P4P biggest puncher on the planet against arguably the P4P best boxer of this generation. Fucking hell i'n excited!!!

55 minutes ago, J_Stewart said:

As long as Ward gets through tonight as expected, I genuinely think we've got three months to hype the fight of this generation. Arguably the P4P biggest puncher on the planet against arguably the P4P best boxer of this generation. Fucking hell i'n excited!!!

That guy who beat Nathan Cleverly versus the guy who beat Paul Smith, can't wait for it.

Callum Smith ices both of them, obviously.

8 minutes ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

Ward is a talented boxer but when folk look back on this era in the future I doubt ward's name will instantly come to mind when discussing who the King was. Inactivity will see to that.

Had more fights than Froch from 2008 to 2013 inc.

2 fights a year at the top level is enough for anyone IMO.