Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

Just now, The Chlamydia Kid said:

Would like to see the cards and how they came to their conclusions. Bet there wasn't many rounds where they agreed.

That auld codger's card they kept showing was very misleading as he had the last 8 rounds split, he must've been blootered.

Don't think I've ever seen as diverse a range of cards on twitter before, from people giving it wide to Ward and others calling it a massive robbery. Even as a Kova fanboy there's no way that was a robbery, I thought he just won but some of those rounds were so tough to score. Need to watch it again tomorrow but felt like Ward won some of those rounds with a couple of jabs while Kova was pressuring the whole round, already looking forward to the rematch

The biggest scumbag in boxing speaks

Screenshot_2016-11-20-05-49-39.png

c**t, would get so much pleasure out of Kovalev killing him

Just now, The Chlamydia Kid said:

State of paulie's outfit.
Why are we expected to give a toss what Eddie Hearn thinks???

Eddie had Jamie Mcdonnell just nicking it

10 minutes ago, Meth Damon said:

Don't think I've ever seen as diverse a range of cards on twitter before, from people giving it wide to Ward and others calling it a massive robbery. Even as a Kova fanboy there's no way that was a robbery, I thought he just won but some of those rounds were so tough to score. Need to watch it again tomorrow but felt like Ward won some of those rounds with a couple of jabs while Kova was pressuring the whole round, already looking forward to the rematch

That's how it's hard to score, there were rounds where Ward landed a handful of good punches to Kov just coming forward without really landing many with weight, I tend to give those rounds to the heavy puncher, others will be different.

I wanted Ward to win but I don't know how anyone can read that fight as a heavy margin for Ward after giving away a 4 or 5 point start.

Edited by ayrmad

14 minutes ago, Tamdunk said:

Kovalev edged it for me, quality fight, was impressed with the way ward got back into it after a shaky start.

I think that enhanced his reputation, if he had waited another round to get back into it he would have been too late.

It certainly wouldn't have been the route to a Ward points victory that many expected.

Credit must go to Kovalev as well as it looked like Ward was going to outclass him at one point in the middle rounds.

Edited by ayrmad

I scored it for Ward by 5 points but there was literally about 6 or 7 rounds that you could argue either way. Ward for me was timing his shots and boxing more efficiently, Kovalev was moving forward at times looking daft as he kept missing.

Ward is the best on the planet. Would love to see them do it again.

All the Americans think Kovalev was robbed whilst we all think Ward won. In a tight fight we are all influenced by the commentators.

The commentators themselves influence each other and develop a groupthink in the way they interpret it- you could hear how they softened up and started to doubt themselves once all the yank TV and journalists had Kovalev running away with it

Adam smith only saw Ward's work- there was exchanges where Ward landed but Kovalev answer back with his own counter but they only recognised Ward's work. They also have Ward credit a few times when he'd hit gloves.

It was a close fight. There were rounds I couldn't split them and I'd it a draw. But I'd need to watch it again with the sound down.

24 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

I scored it for Ward by 5 points but there was literally about 6 or 7 rounds that you could argue either way. Ward for me was timing his shots and boxing more efficiently, Kovalev was moving forward at times looking daft as he kept missing.

Ward is the best on the planet. Would love to see them do it again.

I couldn't find 9 rounds in that fight for Ward and I'll nearly always favour his style.

1 minute ago, Marshmallo said:

3-8 and 10-12 imo.

I'd have to watch it again as there are 2 or 3 of those that I didn't see it that way in real time, there was one of the 1st 4 rounds that I could have given to Ward but I can't remember 2.

Just watched it, fantastic fight & pretty much went how I thought it would, stylistically.

Desperately close, I thought the KD was going to be crucial; as many of the rounds were even IMO, but can see how people would score rounds either way though. You just have to think back to the scoring in Calzaghe/Hopkins, for a similar outcome.

Roll on Ward/Kovalev 2.