Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

Never believed a word that came out de la hoya's mouth in the last ten years. He's an absolute slimeball.
Can remember when he started golden boy out- how it was the dawn of a new era and as a boxer he knew the business and would do the best by his fighters and the fans. He's as bad as the rest of them.
Destroyed the ring magazine as well. A boxing institution for nearly a century.

Watched them on YouTube this morning. Boy dirrell fought was woefully overmatched. He just walked through him and couldn't miss. Was ridiculous.
Thought Lara would have been content to stink the place out and cruise to safety conscious decision like too many of the Cubans and it was looking that way. Foreman was happy to oblige and just aim for survival but on one of the rare time he launched an attack he leaned in and got caught with a lovely uppercut. Game over.

You get some class fights on these Friday night cards - two 1/100 names against complete jobbers. Boxing in the States is just as bad for this nonsense as over here.

Real fight tonight though. DeGale will school him I reckon, too slick. I'll say in the range of 117-111.

You get some class fights on these Friday night cards - two 1/100 names against complete jobbers. Boxing in the States is just as bad for this nonsense as over here.

Real fight tonight though. DeGale will school him I reckon, too slick. I'll say in the range of 117-111.

Danny Garcia is the name That immediately comes to mind when I think of names fighting jobbers. He's has had a couple of the most ridiculously uncompetitive match ups I've ever seen in the last few years.

Can see Degale cruising the first 7 or 8 rounds, taking the foot off the gas, letting Jack in a bit down the stretch, but still having done enough to get a 115-113. Hope I'm wrong though, would love to see him do the full 12 rounds as he's a boxer I've always enjoyed watching when he's in his flow.

9 hours ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

Watched them on YouTube this morning. Boy dirrell fought was woefully overmatched. He just walked through him and couldn't miss. Was ridiculous.
Thought Lara would have been content to stink the place out and cruise to safety conscious decision like too many of the Cubans and it was looking that way. Foreman was happy to oblige and just aim for survival but on one of the rare time he launched an attack he leaned in and got caught with a lovely uppercut. Game over.

Dirrell came out of that fight looking terrible. 

8 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

Not the point tbh. There was 3 fights on a Friday night to be interested in even though it was one of the most overmatched cards I've seen in a long time. There's plenty of decent US Friday night cards throughout the course of the year and anything you get on a Friday is simply a bonus imo.