Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

Turns out that a guy who recent started at my work, is former World title contender Richie Wenton. He lasted 3 rounds with the great Marco Antonio Barrera in 1998x before retiring on his stool. That's still a fair effort in my eyes. I vaguely remember him fighting Scott Harrison, which was ultimately his last fight. Interesting to hear his stories!

I know a boy that fought winky wright and kostya Tyszu in the amateurs. He says he never "fought" Tyszu more like "shared a ring with him" said he got punched up and down the place.

I know a boy that fought winky wright and kostya Tyszu in the amateurs. He says he never "fought" Tyszu more like "shared a ring with him" said he got punched up and down the place.

I met Kostyra Tyszu at Sydney airport about 10 years ago. Chatted briefly, but got the impression he didn't particularly want to speak, then I asked for a photo. He seemed reluctant but I got the picture nevertheless. At the time, I couldn't believe how small he was. Coincidentally, the first programme I watched on the flight was Hatton Tyszu fight.

1 minute ago, Fraser Fyvie said:

What's happening with the BT/BoxNation deal btw? Will all BoxNation fights be on BT or just the shity cards that Warren released the other week?

Think some will just be on boxnation, but you get boxnation free with bt sports.

1 minute ago, Fraser Fyvie said:

Is that even if you're with Sky but have the BT Sport package? Was hoping I'll be able to see the Golovkin and Thurman fights.

I'm not too sure tbh haven't looked into that, I'd think probably aye but couldn't be sure

How much is BT sports? I'd be as well cancelling BN and getting BT instead would I not?

£22.99 on Sky box. £7.50 on sky if you have bt bb or free if you have bt TV.

ETA: Also included in Virgin's top TV package.

Incredible levels of pettiness/trolling from boxnation, have to applaud that

1 hour ago, J_Stewart said:

Hughie Fury's challenging Joseph Parker for the WBO Belt in Auckland on 1st April. Should be a good fight. Would assume winner gets a unification fight with the winner of Klitschko v Joshua.

No journalist going near the fact Hughie was banned for PEDs and in his first fight back fights for a world title and a million quid purse