Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

On 04/02/2017 at 23:43, supermik said:

Used to be a massive boxing fan between the 70's till the 90's. Dont really follow it now so I don't really know any of the modern day fighters.

First time I have seen Eubanks jr. He would not have lasted 30 seconds in the ring against his dad back in the day

Just out of curiosity, did you pay to watch the broadcast? 

They were a disgrace long before that. He's fought nobody aside from porter! I don't class GGG as a decent opponent as he was a sacrfical lamb in for a pay day.

I think I know what you mean...GGG was never a decently MATCHED opponent, he was always gonna grind Brook down then stop him at will. Brook didn't have the power to hurt him, hence GGG just walking onto punches to get to Brook quite happily.

Rumblings afoot of Eubank Jr fighting Danny Jacobs or Saunders next... Jacobs of course has the small matter of Golovkin to deal with first.

Saunders is probably scouting suitable municipal baths/phoneboxes to hold his next bout in.

Got to hand it to Degale. He'll be my favourite UK fighter by a long way if he's doing that and I'm not even a big fan of his actual punching.

Loosening ties with Hearn has been the best thing to happen to him. 

Edited by Kool Keith

He could spend quite a long time at 168 milking that belt the way the division's looking just now if he wanted to and there's a couple of fairly low risk/high reward fights like Calum Smith and Eubank Jr there that will generate decent cash for him.