Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

4 minutes ago, Dominique Malonga said:

Even if they were, the puma that used to sit in a cage in the Merrymaker pub would come out and administer a swift shoeing to said tigers.

Is that Guilianos? The one that clawed the cleaner? If so then it was a Black Panther.

Is that Guilianos? The one that clawed the cleaner? If so then it was a Black Panther.

This one of the stories I saw online although I’ve heard it was a black panther as well :lol:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/the-night-a-puma-went-on-rampage-in-a-leith-bar-1-3616322/amp

1 minute ago, ayrmad said:

Don't think I am, AJ hasn't improved his weakness one bit in his last 15 fights, he looks like a taxi driver when he's scrambling to get away from an attack.

Suppose you can only beat what’s in front of you so whilst I totally agree about his shortcomings you have to put them in the context of him probably not being that concerned about his opponents. Parker and Takam had nothing to concern him so maybe he was just a bit lazy with his defence? His style seems to be to do the minimum possible, exposing him to the minimum risk (and why not?). Against Wilder, for example, I’d expect to see him move like he was being shot at. Not sure what he’d do against Fury - could see him losing that one on points. 

1 minute ago, Shandon Par said:

Suppose you can only beat what’s in front of you so whilst I totally agree about his shortcomings you have to put them in the context of him probably not being that concerned about his opponents. Parker and Takam had nothing to concern him so maybe he was just a bit lazy with his defence? His style seems to be to do the minimum possible, exposing him to the minimum risk (and why not?). Against Wilder, for example, I’d expect to see him move like he was being shot at. Not sure what he’d do against Fury - could see him losing that one on points. 

He's had that defence all along, I'm fed up telling my son that it might even be a bum that takes him out as it only takes the right punch on the right spot.

1 minute ago, ayrmad said:

The bit that disappoints me about the cards is the obvious dismissal of Parker' body punches.

That’s Parker’s problem though. He could have landed dozens more yet he choose to stop boxing every time AJ held his hands up and looked at the ref. 

4 minutes ago, Dominique Malonga said:

This one of the stories I saw online although I’ve heard it was a black panther as well :lol:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/the-night-a-puma-went-on-rampage-in-a-leith-bar-1-3616322/amp

Never heard that version before. As far as I know it was when the cleaner went into the pub early doors, the panther was loose in the bar overnight and it took a liking to her. Back then in the 70’s, laws and rules regarding animals were a lot different. I remember going to a pet shop in Tolcross that had a couple of Lion cubs in an open cage. Don’t think they were for sale but you were able to touch them and pick them up if you wanted to.

2 minutes ago, supermik said:

Never heard that version before. As far as I know it was when the cleaner went into the pub early doors, the panther was loose in the bar overnight and it took a liking to her. Back then in the 70’s, laws and rules regarding animals were a lot different. I remember going to a pet shop in Tolcross that had a couple of Lion cubs in an open cage. Don’t think they were for sale but you were able to touch them and pick them up if you wanted to.

Makes me blub every time:

6 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

The heavyweight division is not weak. Two (if Tyson Fury gets back to his best) of the current group have beaten Klitscho, who was world champion for almost ten years. Throw in an undefeated bomb thrower and the Heavyweight division is as strong and interesting as it's been for 15 years. I'm not an AJ fan boy, but in his two biggest fights he knocked out Wlad and won unanimously against an undefeated world champion, he's not exactly been fighting bums.

It's competitive, as yet there's not an elite one.

Funny watching all the boxing experts saying fury would beat aj [emoji106][emoji106] maybe at a pie eating contest. Fury’s still living off a points decision against Klitschko 3 years on done nothing at all since he’s as much of a world champion boxer as me at the moment just all talk. Atleast aj fights and takes on tough opponents not dodging anyone.

Unlike wilder 40 fights and only 1 title Joshua has 4 in 22 fights is clear to see who’s dodging the hard fights.

4 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

What makes a boxer elite? Beating all your rivals in your weight division and disposing of those inferior to you with ease. Fury, Wilder and AJ are all undefeated, and look on a collision course for each other (AJ and Wilder especially.) It's refreshing to see boxers not ducking each other, we're getting the fights we want to see in the heavyweight decision, it's in great shape, and we should have an elite one within the next two years.

We might but it won't be either of tonights boxers, I had hoped AJ could improve and reach that level but I've not saw anything to suggest he's finding the improvement required.

34 minutes ago, Dominique Malonga said:

That's the greatest thing I have ever read in the boxing thread :lol:

6 minutes ago, buddies1877 said:

Funny watching all the boxing experts saying fury would beat aj emoji106.pngemoji106.png maybe at a pie eating contest. Fury’s still living off a points decision against Klitschko 3 years on done nothing at all since he’s as much of a world champion boxer as me at the moment just all talk. Atleast aj fights and takes on tough opponents not dodging anyone.

Unlike wilder 40 fights and only 1 title Joshua has 4 in 22 fights is clear to see who’s dodging the hard fights.

You're using points decision as a negative, Fury absolutely schooled Klitschko, not a tight decision a total humping, AJ could hardly land a decent glove on a small man with defensive skills tonight.

Edited by ayrmad

You're using points decision as a negative, Fury absolutely schooled Klitschko, not a tight decision an total humping, AJ could hardly land a decent glove on a small man with defensive skills tonight.

Fury would of won that fight exactly like aj tonight on points and would of just been as boring no way was fury putting a man down that has never been knocked down at any level in his career

all speculation fury would do this fury would do that facts is he’s done f**k all for 3 years goes on about bums he’s the only bum that has avoided defending the titles he had prefers to hide away and get smacked off his tits and talk shit on social media

14 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

What makes a boxer elite? Beating all your rivals in your weight division and disposing of those inferior to you with ease. Fury, Wilder and AJ are all undefeated, and look on a collision course for each other (AJ and Wilder especially.) It's refreshing to see boxers not ducking each other, we're getting the fights we want to see in the heavyweight decision, it's in great shape, and we should have an elite one within the next two years.

I hope we don’t get an elite one and the belts change hands quite often. And all the big boys get to face each other. 

I think some people are being quite harsh on the fight especially on Twitter etc. I thought it was a mature performance from AJ. He showed Parker respect and being in there with him is more experience. We all love a war but fighting the way he did was the correct move. 

9 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

You're using points decision as a negative, Fury absolutely schooled Klitschko, not a tight decision a total humping, AJ could hardly land a decent glove on a small man with defensive skills tonight.

Fury might never get back to the shape he was in before. A fit heathy focused Fury beats AJ and Wilder. IMO. 

I hope he does get back to his best.