Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

Only caught this from the 9th round with a foreign stream. Both appeared to be blowing out their arse.
Checked twitter to see what had been happening and a fair amount of folk think both could take Joshua. Boxing bias is crazy.
Hahahaha no chance

3 minutes ago, J_Stewart said:

Dubois has just chucked that. His eye is obviously closed so hard to criticise too much for not continuing, but the performance for someone getting rocket strapped for the very top just was not good enough against someone as pedestrian as Joyce.

He’s very young, so obviously has time to come again, but he’s no where near ready for the top level on that showing.

I don’t think he looked right from the minute he walked out to the ring. Looked nervous as opposed to in the zone.

Looked to me like Dubois has genuinely got a real fright there tonight and his bottle crashed after Joyce landed that shot seconds in.

4 minutes ago, kiddy said:
10 minutes ago, ayrmad said:
He's supposed to be a warrior not someone down the pub. 

I take it you said the same about Gary Mason, or are you not old enough?

I watched boxing long before Gary Mason, if he's quittng now he'll always be susceptible to folding when the going gets tough. 

3 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:
5 minutes ago, kiddy said:
I'm sorry, Frampton & Haye are being cocks. Dubois is young enough to learn & come again. Do they want him to risk his eyesight?

It's not tiddlywinks

He could have boxed on and probably still got beat, risked losing his eyesight and never boxed again in his life. Easy to call him a quitter sitting on your couch.

Warren has just said he felt something wrong with the nerves in his eye. 

3 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Rematch.
Nope

If he's had his head jabbed off for 10 rounds then not much is going to change in a rematch is it?

Just now, IrishBhoy said:

He could have boxed on and probably still got beat, risked losing his eyesight and never boxed again in his life. Easy to call him a quitter sitting on your couch.

I wouldn't believe Frank if if he told me it was cold outside in Aberdeen tomorrow.

The 2 two-weight world champions pundits are saying the same thing though.

2 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:
6 minutes ago, IrishBhoy said:

The 2 two-weight world champions pundits are pushing Joyce as a genuine contender for a world title.

No one should be listening to two idiots who probably have brain damage.

1 minute ago, Rob1885 said:
4 minutes ago, IrishBhoy said:

Fair enough, I think Frampton was being slightly harsh on him though. Similar thing happened with Brook v Golovkin where the eye socket fractured, which I imagine would be a very uncomfortable thing to happen at the best of times, but would be almost unbearable to stand infront of someone who wants to punch it. 

It’s possible he realised the eye was so badly injured that he wasn’t going to win the fight, and has decided there was no need to take any more punishment. 

The 2 two-weight world champions pundits are pushing Joyce as a genuine contender for a world title.
Frampton was saying hes not ready for Fury or AJ so not sure where you're getting that from but ok champ.

9 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:
11 minutes ago, Jim McLean said:

Frampton was saying hes not ready for Fury or AJ so not sure where you're getting that from but ok champ.

They said he could beat Usyk.

He wasn't even ahead on the cards against a half blind Dubois.

14 hours ago, Jim McLean said:
They said he could beat Usyk.
He wasn't even ahead on the cards against a half blind Dubois.

Like British boxing scorecards are reliable. As I said, the house fighter

.Screenshot_20201129-000959_Twitter.jpeg

Edited by kiddy

People keep talking about Joyce getting a title shot, what path does he take to get there? Because I can’t see a way within the next 18 months he will be anywhere near a World title fight, and by that time he will be pushing 37. 

The only way might be if AJ vacates/is stripped by the WBO & they mandate Joyce as Usyks challenger.