Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

1 minute ago, kiddy said:

Turning side on caused Inoue problems there, but he started catching Tapales again near the round end.

Doesn't seem to be his natural game but it's mildly effective. I suspect if he keeps going with it, he's going to walk onto a big uppercut or right hook. 

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, DukDukGoose said:

AJ v Ngannou in March.

Looks like he's wanting to one up Fury by handily beating the folk he's struggled with.

I take it there was going to be no title on the line with Hrgovic & he’s going for what they think is the biggest payday.

They’re talking about Zhang/Wilder for chief support. (China/US) for ppv sales.

Animated GIF

3 hours ago, kiddy said:

I take it there was going to be no title on the line with Hrgovic & he’s going for what they think is the biggest payday.

They’re talking about Zhang/Wilder for chief support. (China/US) for ppv sales.

Animated GIF

Ngannou seen as low risk for high reward just now, I think.

Now is certainly the time to fight him.

*Insert world’s largest shrug*

Genuinely cannot remember a time that my interest in boxing was this low. Even Fury v Usyk, which I should be absolutely buzzing for, I refuse to be excited about, given the very high chance that it collapses for some reason. A sad state of affairs.

4 hours ago, J_Stewart said:

*Insert world’s largest shrug*

Genuinely cannot remember a time that my interest in boxing was this low. Even Fury v Usyk, which I should be absolutely buzzing for, I refuse to be excited about, given the very high chance that it collapses for some reason. A sad state of affairs.

Heavyweight has suffered a pretty sudden collapse, but aye, boxing in general has a real scarcity of decent fights being made atm. They were always the exception rather than the rule, but something has changed where they are now a genuine surprise. 

A 40 year old Ismael Barosso destroys Ohara Davies inside 2 mins. De La Hoyas new “golden boy” not really living up to the hype Oscar’s been giving him. 

Then a ridiculous first round stoppage in the main even with Vergil Ortiz, one of the worst I’ve seen.