Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

Doubt it happens next, imagine it'll happen at some point though most money either of them can make other than maybe a Manny fight

Praying it does, would love to see it and Brooks to lay him out. Also like to see him have a few more fights then have a crack at GGG again after his body has adapted to the weight

17 minutes ago, Sx Drugz N Martin Jol said:

Praying it does, would love to see it and Brooks to lay him out. Also like to see him have a few more fights then have a crack at GGG again after his body has adapted to the weight

No chance he ever beats GGG, 154 should be his target although I'd fancy the good Charlo and Andrade to beat him there. If he can still make welter then think everyone wants to see the Spence fight. 

13 minutes ago, Sx Drugz N Martin Jol said:

Hes a good boxer, just think his 2 main skills are being a heavy heavy hitter and being hard.

His biggest attributes are his footwork and a cracking jab, give him average power and he's still the best middleweight around and a top fighter P4P.

His biggest attributes are his footwork and a cracking jab, give him average power and he's still the best middleweight around and a top fighter P4P.

Agree to disagree. I'll give you his jab tho but going back to his last fight with Brooks he was made to look average as a boxer, his footwork in that fight was non existent, Brooks out boxed him for the majority of the fight.

I know you can't judge his career on one fight and he's been untouchable as to now but what that fight showed us is that he can be got at.

3 minutes ago, Sx Drugz N Martin Jol said:

Agree to disagree. I'll give you his jab tho but going back to his last fight with Brooks he was made to look average as a boxer, his footwork in that fight was non existent, Brooks out boxed him for the majority of the fight.

I know you can't judge his career on one fight and he's been untouchable as to now but what that fight showed us is that he can be got at.

Brook out boxed him for the majority of the match?  It was stopped in the 5th with Brook's face smashed.  That's up there with the people that say Vitali was ahead on points against Lewis despite his face looking like he had just opened the Ark.

1 minute ago, Sx Drugz N Martin Jol said:

You've been sucking the sky boaby a bit too much. GGG had absolutely no fear that Brook could hurt him, walked through his punches and broke his face within 5 rounds. He'll likely be a completely different fighter against Jacobs (who does have power at 160). A Lemieux/Stevens type performance. 

Cause he's not had years of training at the weight and he's not a heavy hitter pretty simple. You're missing my point I'm saying defensively he's not as great as everyone thinks. Physically yes he was far superior and his shots took a lot out Brooks but in now way shape or form does that mean that Brooks wasn't out boxing him until his power took over.

2 minutes ago, Sx Drugz N Martin Jol said:

Cause he's not had years of training at the weight and he's not a heavy hitter pretty simple. You're missing my point I'm saying defensively he's not as great as everyone thinks. Physically yes he was far superior and his shots took a lot out Brooks but in now way shape or form does that mean that Brooks wasn't out boxing him until his power took over.

Out boxing him but I think he won 1 round, 2 at the most? Khan was out boxing Canelo I think I had that 4-1 when it stopped, it doesn't really mean anything when you look at how both fights ended, always only 1 winner

Out boxing him but I think he won 1 round, 2 at the most? Khan was out boxing Canelo I think I had that 4-1 when it stopped, it doesn't really mean anything when you look at how both fights ended, always only 1 winner

I would of given him 3. Exactly your proving my point..... how did Canelo beat Khan??? Yes Khan clearly was winning that fight on points.

He showed absolutely no defence in that fight because he simply didn't have to. You could tell from the first minute that he had no respect for Brook's power, so he made no attempt to defend himself because he knew he wasn't getting hurt. Go back and watch the David Lemieux fight, a guy who's power he did respect and consequently used his boxing skills and outclassed Lemieux.

GGG is a far better boxer technically than Froch was.