Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

Not sure he beats a fit and focused Fury and while Wilder is no great shake his heavy hands will always give him a chance.
His hardest fight without doubt is fury but it's a fight i see him winning if its ever made. Too much time has past for fury and VK didn't seem at the level he was in the AJ fight when he fought fury.

Can see AJ beating wilder and going down a different path as hes achieved the lot.

His hardest fight without doubt is fury but it's a fight i see him winning if its ever made. Too much time has past for fury and VK didn't seem at the level he was in the AJ fight when he fought fury.

Can see AJ beating wilder and going down a different path as hes achieved the lot.

Yeah but how much of VK performance was because of Fury’s awkward style. Fury would not stand in front of Joshua and let him hit him. He would be a nightmare for Joshua.

Vk retired in 2013. Wk is who I presume you are speaking about. Klitschko turned up in great shape to fight Joshua and looked the best I had seen him in many of years. Joshua still has a long way to go but he's getting there and imo beats wilder hands down. Furys a different kettle of fish though. Dunno who would win that one but looking forward to finding out hopefully in the not so distant future.

9 hours ago, JMDP said:

Whilst Joshua can obviously handle pressure, remember he was given Olympic gold by two gift decisions, won the World title from the worst champion I can remember and beat a two years inactive fighter who had been schooled by fury in his previous fight. He's still a fairly weak champion in a poor division IMO. 

However, given Parker isn't that great, he should have more than enough to deal with him easily. He was horrendous against Hughie and it was another terrible decision. 

WK "the worst champion I can remember"? Seriously?! 

I'm no advocate of WK being an all time great but there's been far worse HW Champions than him. 

WK "the worst champion I can remember"? Seriously?! 
I'm no advocate of WK being an all time great but there's been far worse HW Champions than him. 

No, he was talking about Charles Martin who Joshua beat for his first belt, and was utterly horrendous.

The Klitchko’s are absolutely both all time greats.

2 minutes ago, J_Stewart said:

No, he was talking about Charles Martin who Joshua beat for his first belt, and was utterly horrendous.

The Klitchko’s are absolutely both all time greats.

Ah OK.

We've had this debate about the Klitchkos all time rating before.....for me they be in the discussion but placing would depend upon the size of the list -Top 10 not for me.

I never seen a replay, he was definitely out before he hit the floor. Devastating by Whyte
Thought Whyte was an arsehole at end. Had to be told to go over and see if Browne was OK. Then in his interview didn't answer the Browne question, started shouting wilder and insisted on the bodysnatcher. Came across as a c**t.
There was no reply of knockout

Thought Whyte was an arsehole at end. Had to be told to go over and see if Browne was OK. Then in his interview didn't answer the Browne question, started shouting wilder and insisted on the bodysnatcher. Came across as a c**t.
There was no reply of knockout

Whyte acting the c**t is absolutely in keeping with how he acts the rest of the time.
I’ve seen it a couple of time’s now and still don’t think it was ‘that’ big a shot.

Whyte acting the c**t is absolutely in keeping with how he acts the rest of the time.
I’ve seen it a couple of time’s now and still don’t think it was ‘that’ big a shot.
Its a slap. Look at the position of his hand at impact, thumb position etc. Disgustingly amateur but then, expect nothing less tham a man whos greatest claim to fame is making AJ take a step back and think for about 2.7 seconds before continuing the measured and deliberate beating he was administering.

22 hours ago, quickoverayard said:

If he's a weak champion what does that that say about the devision??? He cleans it up plain and simple.

I said it was a poor division. He won a belt from the utterly rancid Martin, beat a guy who hadn't fought in two years and was schooled by Fury then beat a jobber in Takam.

It's a horrifically weak division. You only have to look at Whyte as one of the top guys in it as a barometer of that. 

20 hours ago, kiddy said:

Fury's ONLY decent display to date, was purely down to him following the tactics devised by Peter.

Sorry for the double post. This nonsense has to be pulled up though. You're saying fury has one decent display? And only because he followed his trainer's tactics?

He's had several excellent displays over his career, including two absolute dominations of Chisora, when Chisora was actually relevant. Contrast his performances against Chisora with Klitschko and Whyte, for example. 

As for following his trainers tactics, well of course. Absolutely nothing to do with the guys talent, ringcraft, hand speed, head movement, footwork and defence. Also, both Tyson and Peter have said he actually didn't follow advice that night and Peter was furious with him for it - see the excellent "face off" for fury-klitschko 2 for one example of this. 

I don’t know if it’s because he’s so outspoken and erratic, if it’s because he’s never been on the sky / matchroom hype train, or maybe even because he’s a gypsy (or maybe a bit of all three), but Tyson Fury has never received anywhere close to the credit he deserves for outboxing one of the most dominant heavyweight champions in history, and I suspect that even if he beat Joshua, Wilder and Parker in the same night he still wouldn’t.

I would absolutely love him to make a proper comeback, clear out the division, unify the belts, and shut all the “he got lucky, Klitschko had an off night” detractors up.

7 hours ago, JMDP said:

Sorry for the double post. This nonsense has to be pulled up though. You're saying fury has one decent display? And only because he followed his trainer's tactics?

He's had several excellent displays over his career, including two absolute dominations of Chisora, when Chisora was actually relevant. Contrast his performances against Chisora with Klitschko and Whyte, for example. 

As for following his trainers tactics, well of course. Absolutely nothing to do with the guys talent, ringcraft, hand speed, head movement, footwork and defence. Also, both Tyson and Peter have said he actually didn't follow advice that night and Peter was furious with him for it - see the excellent "face off" for fury-klitschko 2 for one example of this. 

4 hours ago, J_Stewart said:

I don’t know if it’s because he’s so outspoken and erratic, if it’s because he’s never been on the sky / matchroom hype train, or maybe even because he’s a gypsy (or maybe a bit of all three), but Tyson Fury has never received anywhere close to the credit he deserves for outboxing one of the most dominant heavyweight champions in history, and I suspect that even if he beat Joshua, Wilder and Parker in the same night he still wouldn’t.

I would absolutely love him to make a proper comeback, clear out the division, unify the belts, and shut all the “he got lucky, Klitschko had an off night” detractors up.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

7 hours ago, J_Stewart said:

I think that's got a lot to do with it.

Lesser British boxers get ranked higher in peoples minds than the 2 British gypsy's that can actually box.

4 hours ago, sjc said:

Rankings have always been a bit of a farce to be honest. Tim Witherspoon was ranked in the HW top 10 as late as 1997!

It's not so much official rankings though, more the perception and opinion of the general public. I'd wager that if a Fury v Joshua fight got made before the end of the year, the general consensus of the casual fan would be that Joshua would knock Fury out within 3 rounds, and that's, I think, because people see the press conference mentalness (batman costumes, etc), the outspoken comments, the fact he's a gypsy, and they treat him as a joke, whereas he's actually a phenomenally skilled boxer

9 hours ago, kiddy said:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Care to try and refute either of the comments made?

I'll be honest, when your initial line of argument was that "his only good display was beacuse followed his trainers instructions" and try to use this as a negative, I'm not confident you will.