Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

Similar opinion from. 

Good fight but its not Box Office worthy at all. They'll need to have a pretty stacked undercard to justify the cost. 

12 hours ago, Tarmo Kink said:

Lemieux won’t be getting a world title again. It will be Derevyanchenko against somebody for the vacant title.

Derevyanchenko & Jacobs are the top two otherwise in the IBF. Wonder if Hearn will push for the title shot or the Canelo fight for Jacobs. 

On the Whyte-Parker fight, obviously a decent fight with guys of good name value. But it seems to me that it takes Whyte further from a mandatory title shot. He's knocked back the chance to face Pulev for mandatory status for the IBF title and is now passing up the WBC final eliminator. So to get a shot at Wilder he'll now be behind Breazeale & Ortiz, potentially Joshua if the fight gets made. For getting a shot at Joshua, he'll be behind Povetkin, Pulev & any potential unification fights also. Could be well over a year by the time that's sorted out. Only thing I can think is that Hearn has promised him the opportunity for a Joshua rematch as a voluntary defence sooner than that - but there's a lot of sorting out to be done in the heavyweight division over the next year or so. 

Big night in the heavyweight division tomorrow night with the return of the Gypsy King, but the REAL big heavyweight announcement came today...

The Super Fight that no one knew they needed...

28th July, Aberdeen Beach Ballroom...

DANNY ‘THE BRIXTON BOMBER’ WILLIAMS vs ‘THE ABERDEEN ASSASSIN’ LEE MCALLISTER

I will one million percent be in the Beach Ballroom for those absolute SCENES!!!

Big night in the heavyweight division tomorrow night with the return of the Gypsy King, but the REAL big heavyweight announcement came today...

The Super Fight that no one knew they needed...

28th July, Aberdeen Beach Ballroom...

DANNY ‘THE BRIXTON BOMBER’ WILLIAMS vs ‘THE ABERDEEN ASSASSIN’ LEE MCALLISTER

I will one million percent be in the Beach Ballroom for those absolute SCENES!!!

You and me both! Be some carry on!

Lee McAllister at heavyweight? What am I reading?

I said the same. I was in the AECC when he fought (and I use that word loosely) Shafikov and that was at lightweight, but apparently he stepped in last minute to fight someone after a pull out recently and has decided to stay there. Think this is a photo of him announcing it today:
IMG_3790.jpg
Have you ever seen anyone look as glaikit as that? [emoji23]

On tomorrow night, would expect fairly straightforward wins for Fury, Santa Cruz and Mares, but think the two American fights will be entertaining affairs. Watched the first Sant Cruz v Mares fight in the gym yesterday morning and although it was a wide decision for LSC from the moment he found his range in the third, it was still a really enjoyable fight. If Mares is really, really fit and can pressure him at an intense pace for long periods of the fight, we might have something really good, as neither are big punchers, so almost guaranteed to go the distance.

Expect KOs for Fury and Crawford in the mid-to-late rounds.