Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

There are definitely 7 rounds you can score to Canelo. I'm struggling to remember the exact rounds but he could have been up 4-2 up after 6 and you can make a case for him in 7,8,9 and 12. 

With no knockdowns it basically comes down to how you score the first round where not much happened and the other very even rounds. Early in the fight Canelo looked a lot more comfortable than GGG who was blowing out his arse early and looked like he was struggling making 160.

Sorry but majority of the time the cleaner work both offensively and defensively came from canelo. The arguments from last fight was canelo never applied pressure thats why they gave GGG the first one. Tonight he for most parts was on the front foot so i cant see the outrage. All subjective but i think its fair.

Well, that was just fucking wonderful. Two of the absolute best on the planet tearing it up. Phenomenal punch variation, accuracy and chins from both guys. Monsters.

I’ve watched it twice, once with commentary and once without (link below, no minute breaks either), and scored it 115-113 to Golovkin both times. It was a much closer fight this time round, and with almost every round given an argument could be made for the other guy, but thought GGG’s jab and distance control edged it. Definitely no robberies this time though.

Third instalment needs to happen on Cinco De Mayo 2019, preferably in Cowboy Stadium in Arlington, Texas rather than Vegas.

https://youtu.be/xV6zupOloVo

It wasn't a robbery, HB, but not many people are saying that, are they? The consensus I've seen, and agree with, is that GGG probably deserved a narrow decision in a great fight and aren't surprised that judges in Vegas were seemingly more generous to Canelo as per the first fight, Lara fight, etc.

FWIW, I watched it with Spanish commentary and had GGG by 4. No one in the room had it to Canelo.

11 hours ago, Detournement said:

GGG's jab looked weak and he was scared to go to the body again. The cards all look good to me.

Anyway

BJS is easily the dumbest sportsman the UK has ever produced.

The video is really uncomfortable to watch, the woman is clearly desperate.

It’s a shame such talent is wasted on such a c**t.

Casuals seem to be furious at that result. Although ring generalship can be vague Alvarez won that hugely, too little too late from Golovkin he showed Alvarez too much respect again. Even Abel Sanchez told him he was losing after round 7. Not keen on Alvarez but he looks like the truth just now. 

Casuals seem to be furious at that result. Although ring generalship can be vague Alvarez won that hugely, too little too late from Golovkin he showed Alvarez too much respect again. Even Abel Sanchez told him he was losing after round 7. Not keen on Alvarez but he looks like the truth just now. 
Well, apart from the +ve tests.