Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

Chavez Jnr quits after 5 rounds complaint of a hand injury, it appears he just couldn’t give a f**k.

His dad ringside looking bitterly disappointed at his waste of space son.

Has it been confirmed as a hand injury? Seen some reports saying his nose was smashed and he couldn’t breathe.

Chavez Jnr’s demeanour is like someone who’s never wanted to be a boxer but his auld man’s pushed him into it.

41 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Has it been confirmed as a hand injury? Seen some reports saying his nose was smashed and he couldn’t breathe.

Chavez Jnr’s demeanour is like someone who’s never wanted to be a boxer but his auld man’s pushed him into it.

He's now saying he was headbutted and the ref was doing nothing to protect him.  He clearly doesn't give a f**k.

A completely bizarre ending. It's not as if he was taking a pasting. Yes, I'd say Jacobs was starting to take control of the fight, but it had been close up till that point.

I feel sorry for Jacobs, & surprisingly Eddie, as they didn't deserve  the crowd reaction. Jacobs seems a genuinely nice guy. How DAZN could ever try to sell a fight in Phoenix again, God only knows.

Think Chavez Jr is done, don't even think his old man would turn up to see him again.

Edited by kiddy

Sergio is a man thats easy to forget about. Loved his work for a spell though. 

Great fighter. Getting Cotto at around 4/1 in his last fight was the easiest money I’ve ever made though. Could not believe that a guy with the knees of an 80-year old was favourite for that fight.

Chavez Jnr has zero interest in boxing, and yet he’s making a fortune out of it. Had to give up a million of his purse for coming in heavy, so he was making significantly more than that as his base pay. Wild for someone that is a known liability and shitebag. Mental how much his dads name has carried him, even if on the flip of that it’s hugely overinflated expectations of him. Something he doesn’t seem to care about in the slightest.

100-88 is an absolute shambles in the Sharp fight. Horrific scoring. 
Stopped watching, following the docking of the point. That, allied to the KD, made it safe for a very poor Sharp. First big puncher will clean him out. Though 100-88 is out of order.

To paraphrase another heavyweight, he looks stiff as a board. Still very young and some tougher matchups might bring more out of him though. 
I cant think of many I have seen as top heavy as him. He does look decent but I always think those little skinny legs on guys built like that are just a hilarious ko waiting to happen.

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
2 hours ago, Shandon Par said:
To paraphrase another heavyweight, he looks stiff as a board. Still very young and some tougher matchups might bring more out of him though. 

I cant think of many I have seen as top heavy as him. He does look decent but I always think those little skinny legs on guys built like that are just a hilarious ko waiting to happen.

He’s comfortably a C and borderline D cup.