Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Pretty much that, his spell with us shouldn't be used to judge him as we never once played to his strengths. 

Thats the problem with him though, you either build the squad to supply him, or hes useless.

I think Lappin played his best football for Saints in his final few months at McDiarmid. Looked leaner and sharper when he came back from injury. St Mirren fans know his limitations as well as we do but if Rae uses him in the right way, he should do a decent job. Same applies to Sutton, who like others have said, always looked a square peg with St Johnstone.

Lappin signing for the buds as well.

Thank f**k. Had a horrible signing we'd sign him. Although it furthers my suspicion that we'll sign Rankin unfortunately.

If everyone is being straight then I can see the Council's point. Surely we've got a marketing function of some sort who look at repeat sponsorship?

They're effectively saying nobody from the club has approached them.

Im prone to side with the council here. Roddy Grants a moron so likely told the club he'd email the council then realised he had no idea how to do such a thing.

If you want to sponsor a player for a year you go to the club. If you want to sponsor him another year you offer to again the next year. Not really rocket science is it.

Fair point. Probably sums up both Saints and the Council this whole situation.

:o  never ever would i expect to see Roddy is a moron posted by saints fans. He is a saints legend, and we have precious few of them. Maybe you meant misguided, yes i am sure you meant misguided...

:o  never ever would i expect to see Roddy is a moron posted by saints fans. He is a saints legend, and we have precious few of them. Maybe you meant misguided, yes i am sure you meant misguided...

Moron was maybe a bit strong. One things for sure though, he shouldn't have as important a role at the club as he does.

If you want to sponsor a player for a year you go to the club. If you want to sponsor him another year you offer to again the next year. Not really rocket science is it.

I do agree Roddy is a moron though.

If that's the commercial sponsorship strategy we have then it's little wonder we're struggling to get partners.

Moron was maybe a bit strong. One things for sure though, he shouldn't have as important a role at the club as he does.

Nope, he is. He was a decent footballer though......so we should really just forget he is the only director at the club who cannot send an email....baws.