Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

There can be only one....

image.jpeg

He'll be looking to get back to fitness come new year... 15 goals between January and May firing us to a second Scottish cup and second in the league before going back to take the Championship by storm at Preston next season? Going to happen IMO.

49 minutes ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

He'll be looking to get back to fitness come new year... 15 goals between January and May firing us to a second Scottish cup and second in the league before going back to take the Championship by storm at Preston next season? Going to happen IMO.

If there was any place on the planet that Stevie May would get the time and leeway to get back to full  fitness it would be at McDiarmid. Make it happen Steve Broon.

Stevie May once said to me in Lucerne "well done, you've finally made it" after I got a photo with him and a couple of other players. Maybe his sheer rudeness could be explained by the booze as everyone was leathered, but still it really bothered me and I was extremely disappointed with him for that.

If he does come back to Saints it could be great if he starts banging them in again. But it would also give me the opportunity to wait for him to arrive at Mcdiarmid one day after his miserable spell in England, ask to get a photo with him, give him a pat on the back and say "well done mate, you've finally made it."

3 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

Stevie May once said to me in Lucerne "well done, you've finally made it" after I got a photo with him and a couple of other players. Maybe his sheer rudeness could be explained by the booze as everyone was leathered, but still it really bothered me and I was extremely disappointed with him for that.

If he does come back to Saints it could be great if he starts banging them in again. But it would also give me the opportunity to wait for him to arrive at Mcdiarmid one day after his miserable spell in England, ask to get a photo with him, give him a pat on the back and say "well done mate, you've finally made it."

That's some bitter lemons you've been sucking. For all this time too.

Is that why you like Aberdeen?

So as others have already alluded to in the thread, Gormley has officially left the club and Peterborough as well. Davidson probably going to miss the two games in November and then who knows from there. At least by the sounds of things Millar is back fully fit and hopefully we will see him start on Saturday. A striker now becomes vital in the next transfer window, preferably one that can score goals...

TWs record of signing strikers doesn't really fill you with confidence. 

Rory Fallon, Chris Iwelumo, Adam Morgan, Brian Graham, Graham Cummins, John Sutton, Joe Gormley.

Graham with 10 goals in 28 games, and Cummins with 10 goals in 49 games, are, easily, his biggest successes. 

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

TWs record of signing strikers doesn't really fill you with confidence. 

Rory Fallon, Chris Iwelumo, Adam Morgan, Brian Graham, Graham Cummins, John Sutton, Joe Gormley.

Graham with 10 goals in 28 games, and Cummins with 10 goals in 49 games, are, easily, his biggest successes. 

It's very unlikely that we will get any real quality on a free transfer though. Especially with our wages. Our best bet is probably a loan from a biggish club down south.

5 hours ago, The Real Saints said:

Yeah, I was talking to Graham Cummins for the match programme last week. Asked him what he thought Joe Gormley could bring to the team. He said, ''I don't know what to say'', then asked me to move on to another question. This obviously makes more sense to me now.

Shite journalism TRS. You should've prised it out of him and if he didn't give then make up a sexual story about him.

We're apparently one of a few clubs watching Jamie Sneddon of Cowdenbeath. A highly rated goalkeeper from Cowdenbeath.

Would maybe be a strange one. Clark is hardly old, while Hurst and McKenzie are apparently well thought of too, with Hurst making Scotland squads.