Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

The Sun, who are usually spot on regarding Saints, are linking us with a loan move for Michael O'Halloran. 
Would rather have Stevie May tbh. 

Tbf we're missing pace in our team badly and it's the one thing you get from O'Halloran. He'd be useless in home games where we need to break teams down, but away from home an asset.

Don't know how he'd be received back tbh and if the crowd then on him he's a passenger.

Head says he's exactly what we need.

Heart says he's a rat.

Id support him based only on my moronic sense of needing to applaud anyone in a saints shirts, others wouldn't be so kind. He'd need to more good than bad though, as he'll be the main focus of attention from the Saints support every week.

8 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Heart says he's a rat.

... others wouldn't be so kind. He'd need to more good than bad though, as he'll be the main focus of attention from the Saints support every week.

Yeah, you definitely aren't the reactionary one in this instance, RG! Your rhetoric surrounding O'Halloran has been typically exaggerated and overembellished since the day he left.

I actually don't doubt that you'd support him but let's not kid on you haven't been entirely unreasonable in your representation of him over the past year. You pretty much rewrote his last month at the club, especially what happened at Fir Park.

I'd be surprised if this move happens though but we'll see.

I wouldn't say calling a rat, a rat, is unreasonable tbh....

But aye, I'm always more critical of players who decide to leave than other fans. Only one to escape such a fate is May, and Swanson but only because I knew he'd be back.

Should've seen my reaction to Grainger and Mensing after they moved..

RGs Winter Wishlist..

In - Grant, O'Halloran, Scougall, Storey, Bikey

Out - Mannus, Gilchrist, Watson, Paton, Coulson

Sure I had more outs before but I can't remember who it was. I'll consult my hate journal and return.

We're not getting Scougall, fucking let it go man.

There's also zero chance of us releasing any of the players we have under contract, so again it'll be 1 in 1 out at the most.

Hey guys, can anyone confirm that Mark Hurst's loan deal to us had been extended or are you still expecting him back this month???

If your expecting him back - when???

31 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

Hey guys, can anyone confirm that Mark Hurst's loan deal to us had been extended or are you still expecting him back this month???

My guess is that it was arranged until only January to see how it went. If the rules allow, I don't see why it wouldn't be extended until the summer.

How is he getting on? Seemed to lose his place a few weeks ago but has it back now? Is Jason Kerr handling the step up to League One alright too?

Is he any good?

Im hoping he can help improve the shambles of a squad we have right now.

I've no idea, you'd probably be better asking Elgin fans as hes played most of his football there.

My guess is that it was arranged until only January to see how it went. If the rules allow, I don't see why it wouldn't be extended until the summer.
How is he getting on? Seemed to lose his place a few weeks ago but has it back now? Is Jason Kerr handling the step up to League One alright too?

Just released on the Club's Twitter tonight that he's staying till the end of the season!!!

Hurst has been doing fine. Steady, commands his area AND actually comes out and collects crosses, couldn't tell you the last time we had a keeper that did that, lost his place originally to injury and then to the resultant form of Ryan Goodfellow, Ryan got a nasty injury himself a couple of weeks ago and will be out for a while, letting Hurst back in and he's doing well again!!!

Jason Kerr is a class act, not only handling the step up but playing like he should be stepping up again, skilful composed, capable of ripping the pish out of any arsey forwards who think they're Billy-Big-Bollocks, it's quite funny to watch the big centre-half 'megging or chipping the ball over the heads of any fan-dans thinking they're it. Also got an eye for a goal and can play up front at a pinch, checkout his goal against Peterhead a fortnight ago for how to stick a ball away!!!

He's absolutely of no use to you lot, we'll keep him thanks!!!