Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

I'd argue we've already had our Baraclough in Lomas. If he hadn't been poached then he'd likely have dragged us down the way, seeing as we're abysmal for 2/3rds of his season.

We finished third! I didn't particularly warm to Lomas either but we had a successful season.

We finished third! I didn't particularly warm to Lomas either but we had a successful season.

I know we did, but I seem to remember we were horrendous for the first few months, and the final few months, with the middle section pretty much securing us third.

His signings weren't the most promising either, although he gave us Abeid, and it's harsh to judge a managers signings in their first real job.

I know we did, but I seem to remember we were horrendous for the first few months, and the final few months, with the middle section pretty much securing us third.

His signings weren't the most promising either, although he gave us Abeid, and it's harsh to judge a managers signings in their first real job.

Signed Tade and Maclean [emoji173]

So you're not denying that without Lomas none of it would have happened?
The guy should be in the saints hall of fame, it's disgusting reading the abuse he gets TBH.

If John Connolly hadn't signed Steven Anderson we wouldn't have opened the scoring in the final, judging by your logic, so clearly, Connolly is our greatest ever manager.

Why so much hate for lomas? The guys record at saints speaks for itself. 

As a manager he was excellent if that there is no doubt. As a person though he is thoroughly unlikeable.

Much in the same way Aberdeen fans hate McGhee as a person as well as a manager. I know you're at it Stan, but gives a break. [emoji23]

16 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Yeah, he made good signings, amongst the Doughtys and Keatings.

Neither of whom are  exactly bad players these days? Keatings is underrated if you ask me and Holloway really rates Doughty at QPR.

I'd argue we've already had our Baraclough in Lomas. If he hadn't been poached then he'd likely have dragged us down the way, seeing as we're abysmal for 2/3rds of his season.

More utter garbage from BawbagGuy. Abysmal for 2 thirds of the season - finished 3rd. Okay then.