Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Happy with that, Fosters a solid player at this level and Spoony is a "moneyball" superstar.

MacLean and Craig both have options, so you can pretty much ignore them. Easton and Shaughnessy hopefully next and that'll be the defence sorted.

Can't see Danny staying. Plenty other options on the table for him and we cannot compete financially with them. Got to hope he learns that happiness playing like he is wins over but I have my doubts on that.

Do you think he'll wait to see of Hibs gets promoted?

I love Swanson, but much like O'Halloran I dont think he's irreplaceable, not to the extent May was. If Alston/Wotherspoon/New winger could all chin with 5+ goals each we'd be fine.

Swanson has been off the boil since his injury. At a bigger club, he'd be facing a right to retain his shirt. At his age, if he wants to make it about money then good luck to him. As Tommy Wright said the other day, not many players that have left have given him sleepless nights.

I was optimistic about Foster after the references from the County fans and he's had a really good season. Wotherspoon is as inconsistent as ever but with more competition in midfield, hopefully that has a positive effect on him. Disappointing that the goal return has tailed off this season though.

Surely Swanson has learned from previous mistakes?

How many ~30 year olds would turn down a higher wage, and a chance to play for their boyhood team, to stay at a club in the same division?

I'd be surprised if Wright doesn't want a striker but not sure that I share the confidence of TRS that one will come in. Just think the budget will be too up in the air with a dozen going out of contract. Without a striker, you are maybe looking at being able to offer a player an extra couple of hundred quid a week for next season.

Any idea what the deal is with George Hunter? Is he fancied by the hierarchy? I had reasonably high hopes for him but it's not quite happened for him.

Hes been awful out on loan, is what's happened. He's 21 next season, and will be fifth choice striker assuming MacLean, Cummins, Kane and Hurst all stay. That's ifwe don't sign anyone, and the likes of Johnson don't continue scoring.

I can see him leaving this Summer tbh.

11 hours ago, The Woolshed said:

Any idea what the deal is with George Hunter? Is he fancied by the hierarchy? I had reasonably high hopes for him but it's not quite happened for him.

Probably the most over hyped young striker since Reynolds.He was OK in the U20s last year scored quite a few goals.Failed rash time he went out on loan and has done nothing this season at all 

Edited by LANG TOON SAINTIE

Just thought I'd make a post in this thread to make RandomGuy shit his pants with excitement, only to be crushed when he opens the thread and reads the post. 

Carry on. 

Edited by Kyle