Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

17 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

I'm fed up seeing that c*nt Cummins with his head in his hands after missing another sitter.

You'd think he'd be fucking immune by now. 

I'm fed up seeing that c*nt Cummins with his head in his hands after missing another sitter.

Think that was worst ever last night. No idea how he managed to hit the only spot between the two posts that wouldn't have resulted in a goal. Fud.

Anyway this thread is too downbeat.

How fucking good is Stefan Scougall by the way? 

Did any bits break off?

Anyway you shower of c***s you're just fucking playing with my head before the inevitable 3rd or 4th place finish and a cup semi/final.

6 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Did any bits break off?

Anyway you shower of c***s you're just fucking playing with my head before the inevitable 3rd or 4th place finish and a cup semi/final.

You are going to be impressed by the flying midget, exactly what Saints needed. We just need Dinosaur Wright to play the wee c**t and hopefully in the right position.

Anyway this thread is too downbeat.

How fucking good is Stefan Scougall by the way? 

Looked good, a completely different attacking team once he entered the park. Absolutely no idea why TW decided to punt him into a deeper role late on though, stunted his effectiveness. Still not sure where his best position will be though, hate to continue droning on, but the middle player in a 4-2-3-1 would likely be perfect.

Yes. I think we would need a very strong central midfielder beside him that wins everything the whole game and just sits if we're playing 4-4-2. He is 100% an attacking central midfielder from my admittedly limited viewings of him.

We have to go 4-4-1-1 or as mentioned 4-3-1-2/  4-2-3-1 with full backs pushing on to give width to accommodate Scougall I feel.  As long as we don't try to start shoehorning him into a wide position simply because he's wee and skilful...

Hes what we've needed for years; a central midfielder that drives forward with the ball and threads through the killer pass. Now all we need is a pacey finisher to get on the end of the thru balls. :)

And yes, jumping late onto the bandwagon, but that Cummins miss was horrendous.  

At half time I remember thinking I'm not sure I can go another season of seeing us blooter long hopeful balls upto Cummins and Maclean most of the game. Cummins has to be an option from the bench until he finds some goalscoring form.

Yes. I think we would need a very strong central midfielder beside him that wins everything the whole game and just sits if we're playing 4-4-2.

Is that not Murray Davidson? I've always thought he's a really effective player, underrated even.

7 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Is that not Murray Davidson? I've always thought he's a really effective player, underrated even.

Yes he's a brilliant player at winning the ball, on the ground and in the air, but I also meant to say in previous post can also keep possession well with a simple pass and I think Murray tends to just knock the ball forward rather than try to get a hold of it and retain possession. I've always felt he's more one for getting forward and supporting rather than just sitting and protecting the defence.  Be interesting to see if we could get Murray to play that more disciplined role as he gets a bit older.

I'd say a fit Chris Millar is probably the best we have for that role at the minute.

Just my opinión mind, others maybe think differently..

3 hours ago, Fifespud said:

Did any bits break off?

The squad certainly has a lot of potential, but we're at a bit of a crossroads right now. Wright needs to get the final two signings right, particularly the left winger IMO.

I'd say our strongest 11 on paper is;

Mannus

Foster Anderson Shaughnessy Easton

Davidson Millar

Alston Scougall Wotherspoon

Maclean

That leaves Clark, Watson, Comrie, Gilchrist, Gordon, Kerr, Tanser, Paton, McLean, Craig, Thomson, Kane, Hurst and Cummins spare. A pool of 25, but I suspect a couple of the young defenders and perhaps McLean will end up out on loan before the end of the summer. Our midfield is a bit unbalanced, with loads of natural right wingers and centre mids... Not one player in amongst that would call themselves a left winger and I think only Craig is left footed (looks like Scougall is both footed, which is obviously excellent news). If Tommy sorts that issue out with a quality left sided player, preferably one with a bit of pace, then we are looking very strong again. 

Edited by Kyle

It's going to be interesting to see where Wright fits Scougall in. I think you saw with an instance where he got the ball out wide and tried to find a pass rather than take the full back on that he isn't going to be suited to that role like Swanson. Hopefully today will give some indication.

1 hour ago, Radford said:

It's going to be interesting to see where Wright fits Scougall in. I think you saw with an instance where he got the ball out wide and tried to find a pass rather than take the full back on that he isn't going to be suited to that role like Swanson. Hopefully today will give some indication.

Think everyone sees him playing a free role behind the striker/strikers. I see him in an advanced 3 behind Macca or Kane with Millar and Muzz behind him.

Will Tommy play a full strength side today? 

Think everyone sees him playing a free role behind the striker/strikers. I see him in an advanced 3 behind Macca or Kane with Millar and Muzz behind him.
Will Tommy play a full strength side today? 

Would be surprised if most of the starting XI for Thursday coming don't play at least 45. Everyone looked desperately short of game time the other night.

If he can stay fit. Him and Millar are obviously our best CM pairing, but you've no idea how much game time you'll get from them.